Voyager - New Travel Channel Show - What do you think of Shane-O?

Agr8RN

I liked his approach...as I said before -- if you had seen the "Not your average travel guide" series -- you would have known exactly what to expect.

I think the angle really was -- here's this young goofy guy; who is reticent about cruising (newly wed, over fed, nearly dead and all that) and they sent him along -- and he had fun his own way.

Remember what you are seeing is heavily edited, so its probably not as bad as you might think....these people obviously agreed to be in the show -- so... it was different, fun, and interesting.

I thought he was a bit over-the-top but not nearly as bad as some here are saying. He was no more cheesy with his pirate outfit than some of the CDs I've seen onboard ships.

The show was obviously doing a 'fish out of water' angle on cruising by taking a young adventure traveler and throwing him on a cruise ship. I'm 35 and a lifelong adventure traveler (our non-cruise vacation this year was 2 weeks in the Middle East) so maybe I understood better his approach. Anyway, I got what he was trying to show: that you could do a very mainstream cruise vacation and still get out and interact with locals and get a feel for the real life of the ports.

Archived