Hotels suggestions for Port of Miami

travgurl

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We already booked this hotel for our Freedom Cruise.

Go here to see more pictures and read about the Holiday Inn: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316151

The Address is 340 Biscayne Blvd

attachment.php?attachmentid=18590&d=1142713358

This is a picture from the room, over looking Bayside Market and the Port of Miami, you can see a few ships in the background, thats how close you are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18549&d=1142686699

While you are there, go to South Beach Deco District and have breakfast at one of their outdoor cafes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18569&d=1142702590

Then go check out Kat Von D at Miami Ink :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=18568&d=1142702261

Then go check out Kat Von D at Miami Ink :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=18568&d=1142702261

Kat is back in LA and has her own show now :)

I got 2 rooms at the Raddison on Hotwire for 49 ea. It's a couple of blocks away from the Holiday Inn but for the price I'm happy. Check out the East Coast Departure board for tons of hotel reviews.

I can offer you insight into three area hotels we have stayed at. For our June 2nd cruise we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port Of Miami. This hotel was adequate for our family of 4 since it offers a room with 2 double beds and a sofa bed. It was convenient and located right across from the port so we watched our ship come into port. We paid the full rate not realizing there were ways to get the rooms cheaper. IMO it was not worth the $163 plus taxes. We had a room booked at the Intercontinental on Chopin Plaza for August 3rd. We booked it through easyclicktravel for $130 per night after taxes. Upon check in we were told we had to meet with the manager. We knew this wasn't going to be good. They have overbooked the hotel and were sending us to the Hyatt Regency. They paid for our night stay at the Hyatt and refunded our night back to easyclicktravel who will be issuing us a full refund. They also gave my husband a $10 bill to cover cab fare. We were relieved to see the Hyatt was a very nice upscale hotel and not a dive as we had feared. Since it was downtown between several buildings viewing the port wasn't an option. This hotel seemed to be geared more towards conventions. I would book the Holiday Inn over this option but only because it does not have a view of the port. Saturday we headed back to the Intercontinental for our post cruise stay. The hotel made special accommodations for us because of the over booking issue. We were given a room on the Club Intercontinental floor with lots of extra perks. This room had an incredible view and was the nicer of the 3 hotels. This will be our first choice of hotels in the future provided we get a better price using easy click travel. Hope this helps :)

My DH and I have stayed at the Raddison the past two times we were in Miami prior to sailing (March 07 and July 07). Price is extremely reasonable if you are AAA or government employee. They also offer cruise packages which include free breakfast and free shuttle to the port - it is only about a mile away. When we were there in July we watched our ship - Imagination port the day of our cruise.

we have booked the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Free shuttle from the airport. #1 rating on another member review site. We'll be there 9/21, and I am sure I will include every minute detail in my review ;)

I like the Intercontinental Hotel ...

DCP_0042.jpg

About three blocks behind the camera is the Bayside Market Place. To the right of the camera is the free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

Here is the view in August 2004 ...

DCP_0057.jpg

And here is the view in June 2007 ...

Freedompan.jpg

That is the Freedom of the Seas.

Here is the pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

And here is the view from the deck of the ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

On our first cruise we stayed at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay. On our second and upcoming we are staying in South Beach at The Park Central Hotel. It is a great place in a wonderful area. Check out www.tripadvisor.com it is a good site for trying to find a hotel. We have used it or different vacation spots and it hasn't let us down yet.

Holiday Inn is fine but I agree with the other posters re the Intercontinental. We stayed there two years ago after getting a great price through easyclick as well. It was actually cheaper than the Holiday Inn and much nicer. They do tend to cater to a business clientele, which means you won't get as many kids running around as you will find at the Holiday Inn - for us, that was a bonus.

When we arrived at the Intercontinental on Saturday post cruise it felt like we had another day of vacation time left. It was really a wonderful hotel and we loved the pool. They also let us check in right after we arrived instead of making us wait until the 4pms check in time. Our last stay at the Holiday Inn they made us wait til check in time despite having rooms available sooner. That part we didn't care for at all.

I recently stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $129. We checked in on July 29th. It is a very nice hotel, we had a great view. Rooms where clean and a decent size. Our flight arrived from DCA to Miami at 8:30 am and they allowed us to check in at 9:30 am. The hotel has a very nice buffet breakfast with ready to make beligan waffles and omelettes. The pool area is a good size and great bar service. This hotel also connects with the Doubletree. There is a mini-mall which is in between the two hotels. Starbucks coffee is offered as well as breakfast items. Internet service is offered as well and I had a Hertz rent a car from the airport which I turned in at the Marriott. It was very convenient. There was a shuttle available for $6.00 pp not including tip. I would highly recommend this hotel.

I live in Miami. First, if you stay by the beach, prepare to pay a little extra money (the average beach hotel is about $170-200 per night right now, maybe you can get it cheaper through special offers).

By the airport, I'd suggest the Hilton, Marriott, Holiday Inn, Intercontinental or Sheraton. Nice hotels, decent pricing, and they usually offer you transportation to the port for a small fee (usually $5-6 per person) or help you get a shuttle to the port.

Archived