jewel of the sea feb 3, 2008. spring break?

My husband and I are considering going on this cruise. Last year we went on a 5 day celebrity zenith cruise in march not realizing it was during floridas spring break. We are concerned about replaying what turned into a real nightmare. Has anyone gone on this cruise during this time or do you know if spring break has started at that point? We would really appreciate your in put. The jewel sounds so terrific and we are crossing our fingers.

We were on the Jewel this year February 10 -17, and there were no obvious spring breakers...and that's a full week after the cruise you are looking at. We had a great time, it was our 10-year anniversary, and we would have certainly noticed any spring breakers.

Go for it and enjoy!

Thanks for the information! We are really excited to take another cruise. My mother in law has told us we might risk having problems by not doing at least a 7 day cruise, but this is the one that works for us and the ship looks beautiful.:)

February is still very safe w/o the spring breakers. Spent this past March on the beautiful ship Jewel and she is just that, beautiful. Was fortunate to have a room on AFT with a lovely balcony. Was very disappointed with how the dining room areas and other public areas were kept up. There were dirty dishes at tables, often times going into the dining room you had to ask someone to clear off a table. We went during spring break and won't make that mistake again. Will go back on Jewel however. Have fun, you will love the ship!;)

We ALWAYS cruise that week in February... and it's great... it's before Valentine's Day so the price is usually a little lower...

Few kids cause most of them are (or should be) in school... Weather is just right...

We are considering Jewel that week also...

Great week to cruise!

February is still very safe w/o the spring breakers. Spent this past March on the beautiful ship Jewel and she is just that, beautiful. Was fortunate to have a room on AFT with a lovely balcony. Was very disappointed with how the dining room areas and other public areas were kept up. There were dirty dishes at tables, often times going into the dining room you had to ask someone to clear off a table. We went during spring break and won't make that mistake again. Will go back on Jewel however. Have fun, you will love the ship!;)

Now that's interesting - we had the same problem on the Jewel a few weeks ago. I just cleared the table myself a couple of times!! Or called over one of the staff standing against the wall staring into space!!:D I blame the supervisors for that one!!!

I'm sailing that week because it is Mardi Gras week, and my son will be out of school. So, you may have a few cajun kids around because of that, but it's mostly only around south Louisiana that kids get Mardi Gras week off, and not even all the schools here do.

My husband and I are considering going on this cruise. Last year we went on a 5 day celebrity zenith cruise in march not realizing it was during floridas spring break. We are concerned about replaying what turned into a real nightmare. Has anyone gone on this cruise during this time or do you know if spring break has started at that point? We would really appreciate your in put. The jewel sounds so terrific and we are crossing our fingers.

We will be on the Jewel 2/9/08 for the 8 days or nights (cant' remember) itinerary. Typically this is when we cruise and have never had a problem with spring breakers.

You should be more than safe cruising the first week. We always cruise the second week in Feb and have never had any problems with the spring break crowds. Sailing again this year on Feb 10 (Radiance) can't wait to hit the seas again.

Archived