Irons

misspenny

the ship moves.

If you leave it on, and the ship moves, and your iron falls over, it could start a fire.

I have heard tell that nothing is worse on a ship than a fire.

I have also heard tell that the stewards will confiscate the iron if they see it...(hint, hint).

If you were to take one onboard, and always unplug it and hide it where it wasn't seen...

Thanks...no I'm not planning on taking one...couldn't get anything else in my bags if I tried. Leaving Thurs. and starting to panic. lol I figured it was for fire safty but to me someone smoking in their rooms would be more of a risk than a iron. And I say that being a smoker.

Thanks...no I'm not planning on taking one...couldn't get anything else in my bags if I tried. Leaving Thurs. and starting to panic. lol I figured it was for fire safty but to me someone smoking in their rooms would be more of a risk than a iron. And I say that being a smoker.

I agree. FYI - Carnival ships (most of them) have laundry rooms with several irons, boards, etc for you to use...

Just a simple thought...

Why would anyone want to iron on a cruise...? Do they think they will win first prize for best dressed...?

Or do they think they will be tossed of the ship for one wrinkle too many...? Most of the folks over 60 would be tossed off the ship if that were the case... :D

I'd just as soon pay for pressing... and better yet, use 'Wrinkle-Free'.

God knows what women prefer wrinkle-free... :D

the no wrinkle stuff works excellent. Don't bring an iron. the blockhead that was hinting around to hide it is not doing anyone a favor either. Buy the Downy stuff...works gereat and quick.

My head is quite round, thank you very much. I do not believe name calling is allowed on these boards.

I pointed out the safety issue, so I was not reckless in my response.

The Downy stuff does not work on everything. We tried it.

A fire is just about the worst thing that can happen on a cruise ship. It beats SINKING, but not by much.

Remember the fires of several years ago, when the passengers were trapped on the ship for DAYS, no lights, no A/C, limited food service!

Cruise lines aren't like airlines... they don't have a "spare" ship to move you to to get you home.

No, irons are not aloud. We did have one with us on our first cruise and nothing was said. I do believe that you can bring steamers onto the ship.

Go BlueJackets!!!! I have taken a travel iron on past cruises and never had a problem. After reading this I might leave my iron at home. On another note do you go to alot of Jackets games? We are PSL owners! We are huge hockey fans!

:D

My head is quite round, thank you very much. I do not believe name calling is allowed on these boards.

I pointed out the safety issue, so I was not reckless in my response.

The Downy stuff does not work on everything. We tried it.

And neither are irons on cruise ships.......;) ;)

That I haven't actually seen this rule about the irons in writing except for on CC. I must admit, prior to reading the boards, I had not considered the safety factor. Thanks for making me aware. I'll be leaving my iron at home, thank you very much. I think that this issue should be specifically included in travel docs and/or on the websites. I wonder why it is that the rule about bringing alcoholic beverages on board is advertised more so than bringing irons on board. Hummmm:confused:

countdown.pl?name=Darrius and Zavier

That I haven't actually seen this rule about the irons in writing except for on CC. I must admit, prior to reading the boards, I had not considered the safety factor. Thanks for making me aware. I'll be leaving my iron at home, thank you very much. I think that this issue should be specifically included in travel docs and/or on the websites. I wonder why it is that the rule about bringing alcoholic beverages on board is advertised more so than bringing irons on board. Hummmm:confused:

Go to www.carnival.com and go to the FAQs area at the bottom of the home page...Gives all the info you need to know......Including irons.....

Here ya go. :) http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_to_Pack.aspx

Remember the fires of several years ago, when the passengers were trapped on the ship for DAYS, no lights, no A/C, limited food service!

No...what ship was that??:eek:

(hope they at least had some beer):cool:

...I have taken a travel iron on past cruises and never had a problem. After reading this I might leave my iron at home.

You "might" leave your iron at home? You would be wise to do so.

Hope everyone has a happy and SAFE cruise!

I think it has more to do with the electical systems on the ship than the actual heat from the iron being a problem. The ships can't handle too much 'plugged in at once'. I brought my own blow dryer one time and TWICE blew out power to my cabin and God only knows how many others. I stopped using/taking my blow dryer after that.

Too many irons plugged in and running all at once on formal night could be an electrical disaster.

Archived