september, october or november?

newlu

Hi,

Need to finalize our cruise (4 women on Freedom or Liberty). We have a choice between end of September, mid-October or the week before Thanksgiving. Any suggestions would be great, we want to do the Eastern route. What month is better re: less kids, more fun for 4 moms without kids!

Thanks

newlu

I have always found November to be a perfect time to visit the Caribbean...not so hot and yet warm enough to swim.

Not too many kids either. Most are getting ready to have alot of time off from school and parents don't want them to miss any more than they already will be :)

Hi,

Need to finalize our cruise (4 women on Freedom or Liberty). We have a choice between end of September, mid-October or the week before Thanksgiving. Any suggestions would be great, we want to do the Eastern route. What month is better re: less kids, more fun for 4 moms without kids!

Thanks

newlu

JMO - but I would go for either Sept. or Nov. because there are quite a few schools that will have a fall break in October. But bottom line (once again) it is what fits in with our budget. I have sailed during all 3 of these mos and have had a blast.

Linda

September and October historically have more hurricanes than November, but the season extends to the end of November and sometimes beyond. So far we have had very few and hopefully that trend will continue. Even in years when we have had a lot of tropical storms, I believe that there have been more weeks during hurricane season (June 1- November 30) without storms than with, so, as long as you have travel insurance and are willing to sail on a different itinerary than what you signed on for, it is probably worth taking a chance. RCI has a very good kids program that keeps the youngsters from being underfoot most of the cruise, so if you cruise when there are fewer onboard, you should have very few encounters with them. Pick a date, a ship, and an itinerary that you like and prepare to have a great time sans kids.:)

My vote would go for October. We find that September can still have the summer prices, but also more hurricanes. Back here, kids have more days off in November than October, so we like October. Good price, not many kids, relaxing, mostly good weather.

We typically cruise May / October. The kids are back in school (no all of them still see some) the weather in the Carib is better less humid. Have done April or Nov. Schools are starting earlier so September may be OK but we found the "off season" prices where better in May & Oct. Plus the weather.

Hurricanes even though the season opens in June they seem to crank up in mid August to mid Oct but we've never had to cancel a trip as a result. If one shows up and you planned a Eastern then you may end up on a Western. Hurricanes once they crank up tend to slow down thats what allows them to build so the ship can out run them. They travel at 10 knots or less ship travels 20 knots and the captain wil go where they are not.

My kids are ones with Fall Break and for the plains states it seems to be the 3rd week of Oct. NJ usually gets a few days the last week of Oct or the first week of Nov (and they get a full week for an election year)

For what it's worth, the first time we cruised RCCL we were SHOCKED at the few number of kids (but we had cruised Disney previously). Our kids were in the 6-8 group and there were about 50 total kids on the ship of that age (most of which never went to the club from what we saw). So if you figure about that for each age range, you're talking less than 500 kids on the ship, probably way less from what we've seen.

So, even though there are Fall Breaks, Oct isn't nearly as kid-filled as the summer or other holidays. And it is a fabulous time to cruise. We've had no hurricane issues (thought we might get an extra day on the ship 2 years ago, but no luck!) and the weather is VERY nice! I believe September is the cheapest due to hurricane threats

HTH!

Archived