Oriana Refit : How major?

tom_uk

I'm wondering how big Oriana's refit last autumn/early winter was? I know that the Curzon room was converted into Oriana Rhodes, that Lord's Tavern was extended, and that a wedding venue was created, but as far as public rooms are concerned, those were all the major changes. But I also understand that work was done on the passenger cabins.

Anyone with both pre- and post-refit experience able to comment?

Hi Tom uk

We were on Oriana in June and were given to understand all cabins had been recarpeted. The beds now have new mattresses which are about 8 inches thick and are very comfortable. The beds also have new daytime covers and duvets. All very nice.

cabinboy 1943

Yep, you pretty much have it as you describe it.

We went on last year in July last year and were very privileged to have the Chief Engineer on our table for dinner (or were we on his table:)) He told us all that would be going on and it was in the main engines overhauled and other critical bits and pieces in addition to the ones you describe. We then went on again this July and believe me it was like coming home freshened up with new beds (mattresses by Slumberdown, apparently!) and generally looking good.

We liked it so much we are going back on again this Oct for our wedding anniversary.

Hope you like her as much as we do!

Regards:D

Hi All

On the subject of beds I thought I saw somewhere there were plans to do the whole fleet with these new mattresses and duvets. We are on Aurora in April next year, even got the same cabin as the last time we were on board. Then it was thin mattresses, sheets and blankets.

Does anyone know if they have been changed, or are due to be?

cabinboy1943

Archived