Bahamas or S. Caribbean

Has anyone been on RCL trip to Bahamas and S. Caribbean-which is better-we can't decide what to do?

I wish they had a longer Bahamas trip.

Any suggestions?

We much prefer the cruise to the Southern Caribbean for the following reasons:

1. Cruises to the Bahamas are far too short, and only cover 1 or 2 islands

2. Traditionally, is is the older ships which cruise the Bahamas route

3. Usually, due to the short duration of the Bahamas cruises, you will find a booze-cruise/party atmosphere

4. Southern route is usually on the newer, larger ships

5. You have the opportunity to visit many other islands, and see their cultures. Our favorites are St. Martin, St Lucia and Barbados

6. You will also have a few sea days to sit back, relax, and unwind.

We much prefer the cruise to the Southern Caribbean for the following reasons:

1. Cruises to the Bahamas are far too short, and only cover 1 or 2 islands

2. Traditionally, is is the older ships which cruise the Bahamas route

3. Usually, due to the short duration of the Bahamas cruises, you will find a booze-cruise/party atmosphere

4. Southern route is usually on the newer, larger ships

5. You have the opportunity to visit many other islands, and see their cultures. Our favorites are St. Martin, St Lucia and Barbados

6. You will also have a few sea days to sit back, relax, and unwind.

Absolutely right on.

Nassau & Freeport don't have much to offer. The original Straw Market burned down and the replacement isn't a lot better. Other than that it's pay a taxi & BUY a beach day. S Carib way more beaches. Pick a Voyager Class ship and enjoy the promanade and ice show or Freedom class and surf on the high seas.

I'll go with the other posters here, Southern forsure. I did the Southern Caribbean on the AOS last Oct. We stopped in Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Absolutely recommend this to everyone. The AOS is an amazing ship. We are going on the Freedom this year, but we loved our cruise last year.

the southern without question....

Been on the southern route 3 times and it is my favorite itin.

Just went on the MOS 3 night...while it was a nice quick getaway, not the same as 1. a voyager ship 2. 7 day cruise and 3. southern itin.

JMO

Question for MaggieQ

I have noticed you've been to Aruba several times. We are looking to book for 11/08 for my birthday. What hotels do you recommend and should you go all-inclusive or not.

Thanks,

Ann

Hi Ann, The Hyatt is very nice, also the Radisson. We stayed at the Marriott properties because we had a deal at the surf club and a timeshare preview/marriott points in January. I think the Radisson is very nice and the Hyatt because they are located where you are in the middle of good restaurants (just walk across the street).

It really depends what you want. There are alot of people who like the low rise area...not me. If I went back, I would like to stay at the Hyatt (although they are still renovating, should be done by November).

Give me your email address and I will give you a website to go on that has been a great help to get info on the island, restaurants, hotels, etc.

Archived