12 Days of Christmas Sale????

sherin65

Has anyone seen these in the past? Do they mainly try to fill smaller ships or are there good deals to be had during the summer months on the larger, newer ships also?

I'm trying to figure out the best time to book the Liberty during the summer of 08". I could wait for the sale if it would include those sail dates during July.

Best strategy?

Sher

I saw some good deals last year but they are very limited each day. I don't remember whether anything summer is included but you won't usually find a broad range of sailings each day. I remember a few that were something like a good rate on a balcony for a certain sailing one day, and another that was a $499 price on a suite on some of the fantasy class sailings. I think you had to call at a certain time to get one of the cabins as they were limited to 25 or so. If you can be flexible with dates and ships you might catch a good deal.

I'm hoping they do the sale again this year so I can book a short one for sometime next year.

I remember that sale... my advice is don't wait for it unless you were not planning to commit sooner. The deals were not really spectacular.

The best rates seem to be for cruises a month or two out, and expecially in the Fall up to the New Year, excluding holidays.

I recently saw 7 day Carnival cruises for $349 or something ridiculous like that for this Fall.

Get on the email list of every discount travel agent you can find and wait for the deals to arrive!

Has anyone seen these in the past? Do they mainly try to fill smaller ships or are there good deals to be had during the summer months on the larger, newer ships also?

I'm trying to figure out the best time to book the Liberty during the summer of 08". I could wait for the sale if it would include those sail dates during July.

Best strategy?

Sher

Not sure about summer either. We booked the Liberty for September 2007 (next month) during the 12 days of Christmas sale, and got a great rate.

Archived