Leaving on CB this weekend! Any requests??

NthernLgts

Here is what I found out:

Whimsy: We did not use the internet, but have still heard of slow connection issues. One thing: Now, if you do not buy an entire 'package' you will be charged a $3.95 sign up fee, in addition to .75/min. My emails can wait.

Janetz: No news on the new CD after drydock. Passenger services said they did not have access to that information.

sk8erchick: Caridio equipment (& the gym in general) was from 6am-10pm. The last night they closed down at 8pm.

Lou: Yes (I think) to front mounted RCA plugs. These are the round colored ones.

DiTom: We picked up a pre-cruise room at the Sheraton Yankee Trader through Priceline. A nice hotel, great beach access. About a 1/2 mile walk for reasonable food.

Chef: I asked about emails. Princess is picky about giving out employee email addresses & advised to send e-correspondence through customer service.

Jana-We have the patters but they likely wont do you a lot of good as our itinerary was so jumbled due to dean. Eastern Carib (in reverse order) instead of Western.

Ras-sorry on the menus but they are the old ones. I do not know when new ones will be implemented. We did get the baked alaska parade the last night though. In general, dining was good-very good, but not spectacular.

Glad to see your note about the Sheraton Yankee Trader! We'll be there 12/29. Booked it on points so price is certainly right. If you don't mind, have a few questions...

Did you notice if they had valet parking or self parking that was convenient to the hotel?

Did you happen to notice any grocery or walgreens neaby (need to stock up on water and pop)?

Did it seem pretty easy to get to from the airport and to the cruise port? was undecided about renting a car or doing cabs. Have a rental reserved for now.

Thanks and hope you had a great time! Oh, and how were the beds? We had great mattresses in April but had a minisuite. We'll have OV in December and seems to be mixed as to old and terrible or new and comfy.

We took a cab from FLL to the hotel (around $21), and back to the Cruise terminal (about $12). They did have a valet onsite, but i really didnt pay much attention to the parking. If you take a cab to the cruise terminal there is a Walgreens just before you drive into the pier area. You cant miss it. We had a great time. I still love the CB, even with a few minor flaws on this cruise. The mattresses still have not all been swapped out, unfortunately, but they werent terrible either. We did not use an egg crate.

Here is what I found out:

Whimsy: We did not use the internet, but have still heard of slow connection issues. One thing: Now, if you do not buy an entire 'package' you will be charged a $3.95 sign up fee, in addition to .75/min. My emails can wait.

Janetz: No news on the new CD after drydock. Passenger services said they did not have access to that information.

sk8erchick: Caridio equipment (& the gym in general) was from 6am-10pm. The last night they closed down at 8pm.

Lou: Yes (I think) to front mounted RCA plugs. These are the round colored ones.

DiTom: We picked up a pre-cruise room at the Sheraton Yankee Trader through Priceline. A nice hotel, great beach access. About a 1/2 mile walk for reasonable food.

Chef: I asked about emails. Princess is picky about giving out employee email addresses & advised to send e-correspondence through customer service.

Jana-We have the patters but they likely wont do you a lot of good as our itinerary was so jumbled due to dean. Eastern Carib (in reverse order) instead of Western.

Ras-sorry on the menus but they are the old ones. I do not know when new ones will be implemented. We did get the baked alaska parade the last night though. In general, dining was good-very good, but not spectacular.

Thank you for asking...:D

On the he cruise I was on from 7/29 through 8/12, some of the movies shown on MUTS were:

Freedom Writers

Wild Hogs

Meet The Robinsons

Spiderman 3

Superman Returns

Pursuit of Happyness

Dreamgirls

Shrek 3

Bridge to Tarabithia

Rocky Horror Picture Show

If you missed the movie one night on MUTS, you could watch it in your room the next night around midnight.

thanks so much!

We were on the sailing with nthern lights and used the internet the last day. It was painfully slow...15 minutes to access an airline site and print boarding passes! They did offer an "end of cruise" special - 15 minutes for $8.00 or 30 minutes for $12 plus the $3.95 account activation fee.

Hey, nrthern lights, we missed you the last night at Crooner's; we were really late out of the dining room. So we headed up to Skywalkers but never connected. We never got your contact info,either. Who knows, we may cruise again with you and the gang! Michele

Archived