Pre-Cruise

txn_crzn

We arrive in Honolulu at 11:15am and wanted to go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Is that possible given the fact that we won't have a car? Would we be pressed for time to get back to the ship which leaves port at 8pm?

If that doesn't work, where would you suggest we go do some snorkeling close to the ship's pier? Or what else could we do pre-cruise?

We arrive in Honolulu at 11:15am and wanted to go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Is that possible given the fact that we won't have a car? Would we be pressed for time to get back to the ship which leaves port at 8pm?

If that doesn't work, where would you suggest we go do some snorkeling close to the ship's pier? Or what else could we do pre-cruise?

You certainly have time to go out and about but yiou will need transportation. The pier is away from the Downtown. I would go to the pier check in, get a taxi and go downtown to Waikiki Beach and walk the Interbnational Marketplace and back to ship.

Hanauma is definitely beautiful and well worth going to. We took the city bus there from downtown Waikiki (The Bus) but I think the last bus leaving Hanauma was at 4:30.

But. . .if it were me, I'd go check in on the ship and have lunch and start exploring or sipping the drink of the day on the deck. Get your rest because the port stops can wear you out! We went in July and they had our rooms ready very early! We got all our bags to the room early too!

Have a wonderful time!

By the time you get your luggage it will probably be noon. You will need to stop at the ship and drop off your luggage. I would then take a taxi. The bus is time consuming and the last bus from Hanauma bay back is 4:30 or 5pm. There is no other (good) snorkeling closer to the ship's pier.

Archived