Name wrong on conformation and Fun Pass - should I worry?

Avril

I'm going on the Carnival Conquest with my boyfriend in February 2008. :D His name is Christopher Charabaruk. On our cruise conformation and Fun Pass, it is spelled Christophe Charabaruk. :eek: I emailed my TA and she said it was ok, that is was spellt right in Carnival's system. After reading the other thread on here about the couple with the hyphenated names however, I'm not so sure. :( Should I be worried and call Carnival and/or my TA? Will they let us board if one letter is missing? I really want to go and this will be Chris's 1st cruise so I want it to be perfect (well, as perfect as it can be)!! :D

I'm going on the Carnival Conquest with my boyfriend in February 2008. :D His name is Christopher Charabaruk. On our cruise conformation and Fun Pass, it is spelled Christophe Charabaruk. :eek: I emailed my TA and she said it was ok, that is was spellt right in Carnival's system. After reading the other thread on here about the couple with the hyphenated names however, I'm not so sure. :( Should I be worried and call Carnival and/or my TA? Will they let us board if one letter is missing? I really want to go and this will be Chris's 1st cruise so I want it to be perfect (well, as perfect as it can be)!! :D

Its not an issue..because the system will only allow 10 characters for the first name.

You have plenty of time I would insist they change it. If it doesn't match the passport you could have problems. If the confirmation and fun pass aren't right from Carnival's system, how can your TA say it is right in their computer. Something doesn't add up.

I counted the first and last names, and it looks like the system takes only 10 characters, the first name has 11, so the last letter got chopped off.

Fred

Yes, there have been several threads Re: the name Christoper. Carnival is well aware of this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=546822&highlight=christophe

Call Carnival and get it fixed.

There is a very heated thread about this going on right now.

Titled "Stupid Carnival" ..should be called "Stupid TA'..but I digress.

Call and get it strightened out. It will be fine.:)

That's the thread I read that made me worry. :( There seems to be mixed reactions about what to do here. I think I'll wait and see what others have to say before I do anything. :) I'll most likely end up calling Carnival though, I'll just keep worring if I don't. I think it's dumb to only allow 10 characters. :( There are a lot of people out there who have first names that are longer then that. I hope you're right that it will be fine. :D

I posted this on the other thread but it got buried in the who's the submissive little women argument which is irrelevant to my point....

IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR (OR IN THIS CASE YOUR BOYFRIEND'S) REAL NAME ON A CHAT BOARD!!!!

Just by googling you can find out so much personal information you are at best setting yourself up for ID theft and at worse inviting a pyschopath into your home!:eek:

Same thing happened to me. My passport has my first name, middle name, maiden name-married name. The fun pass left off the last 2 letters. I called Carnival and they said that their system didn't have enough fields for all the characters in my name. :p So it wasn't a problem at all.

Archived