*Past, Present and Future Liberty Cruisers*

wavesmile.gif I'm going on the Liberty in August of 2008 and I'm very excited to be on this huge ship! I was searching the boards for information on her and there were threads scattered about. I thought that this thread would be a great place for us future cruisers to find out information on the ship from those who know her best......You! All her past cruisers!

I have a few questions (and I know there will be more) just for instance:

Does the Liberty "feel" like a larger ship then any of the Voyager class ships? Public spaces, etc.

Is there a charge for the Flowrider? Have you tried it? Any tips?

What are the best cabins? Any great balcony choices? Aft maybe?

What is the charge, if any, for the specialty restaurants? Which one did you like better?

Any experience with the Adventure Ocean facilities?

How was your embarkation? Any problems or tips on a smooth one?

Do they give tours of the kitchen or bridge?

Basically, what do you know or for the newbies to the ship, what do you want to find out about the

Liberty of the Seas?

ththank_you.gif

We were on the Pre-Inaugural, and she is gorgeous. It does feel a little bigger than the Voyager Class, but not by alot. Promenade was longer and felt a little more open. Even with a few folks on board, there were lines for the Flowrider, so I am guessing it is pretty busy on a regular cruise, but I don't think there is any change, just like the rock wall, you sign up for it and wait your turn.

What we loved about it and can't wait til we go in April 08, is that there is a bar in Windjammer. When you walk into WJ, the 2 specialty restaurants are off to the right and left and the bar is straight ahead. So we thought that was good planning and really cool.

Also, the view from Viking lounge is awesome at night. It looks down on the H20 Zone and is really colorful. We love being up there at night for a quiet drink.

We loved the pre-inaugural and cannot wait to get on her for a week in April.

Karena1: thanks so much for the information. If the lines were long then, I can imagine the lines in August with a bunch of kids!

the Viking lounge is our favorite place. Very romantic with the jazz music, and view! While the kids are in H20 zone we can listen to piano or play name that tune, if they do that on the Liberty.

The anticipation of waiting to be on her in 08 is Great! She sounds like a fab ship!

We sailed on the inaugural & I can awnser some of your questions.

Does the Liberty "feel" like a larger ship then any of the Voyager class ships? Public spaces, etc.

You'll see the size difference just forward on the rear atrium.

Is there a charge for the Flowrider? Have you tried it? Any tips?

No charge for the flowrider, but expect long lines on sea days. Port days are the best time. I tried it & thought it was great.

What are the best cabins? Any great balcony choices? Aft maybe?

If not an aft cabin then a hump cabin is best. We had 9640, which is in the middle of the hump, great views & very close to the elevators.

What is the charge, if any, for the specialty restaurants? Which one did you like better?

Didn't try them this cruise.

Any experience with the Adventure Ocean facilities?

No, but will next year as I'm taking my son on his first cruise.

How was your embarkation? Any problems or tips on a smooth one?

Smooth, got there around 10:30 & had to wait 'til 12:00 before they started boarding.

Do they give tours of the kitchen or bridge?

Not on our cruise but don't know about others.

BTW, We'll be sailing with you, we're also booked on the 8/23 sailing. Any other questions ask & I'll try to help you out.:)

BTW, We'll be sailing with you, we're also booked on the 8/23 sailing. Any other questions ask & I'll try to help you out

I started a roll call on the Liberty thread, so come by and join me!!

Thanks so much for the answers, can you tell I'm excited? My daughters don't even know they are going on this ship yet! :)

Hi there... we just got off the Liberty a few weeks we had a RFS 9708 aft. It was great but there is more of a vibration at times and you do feel the movement a bit more but it was tolerable.

My son LOVED the AO facility. Some of their themes for the 3-5 group were: an alien night, a clown night, a pirate parade night, a CARS night (or afternoon) Magic, Talent Show... they just kept the kids busy and entertained.

Chops was $20 per person all you can eat and the food was excellent. One of the waitress' kept putting my husbands bread plate and butter knife back in its original spot. I don't know what was up with that but thought why can't he put his plate where he wants it? But it was good and the service was excellent.

Smooth embarkation, but we were in a suite so had a different line. Got there at 12:45 and right on the ship.

All in all you should have a wonderful cruise and enjoy yourselves.

Karena1 we are sailing on the 8/22/08 sovereign as well.

Hi there... we just got off the Liberty a few weeks we had a RFS 9708 aft. It was great but there is more of a vibration at times and you do feel the movement a bit more but it was tolerable.

My son LOVED the AO facility. Some of their themes for the 3-5 group were: an alien night, a clown night, a pirate parade night, a CARS night (or afternoon) Magic, Talent Show... they just kept the kids busy and entertained.

Chops was $20 per person all you can eat and the food was excellent. One of the waitress' kept putting my husbands bread plate and butter knife back in its original spot. I don't know what was up with that but thought why can't he put his plate where he wants it? But it was good and the service was excellent.

Smooth embarkation, but we were in a suite so had a different line. Got there at 12:45 and right on the ship.

About the bread plate: it must be something they are taught, because they did this to my husband and I on the Explorer of the Seas and it annoyed the mess out of him. It was quite funny! (Especially since I'm like the detective - Monk, most of the time. They must have thier OCD days too!) icon14.gif

Here is my contribution for now! We don't go on Liberty till February. This is a thread of all pictures from around Pre-Inaugural time. Some good stuff to see!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=551847

I can't wait to take a look at them! I'm excited and we aren't even at a year yet! Next Thursday will be our year!!

Please do come back and Let us know all about her when you sail in February!!! I'm even excited for you, to be sailing on her so soon!! :) Happy Cruisin'!!

Off to look at the pictures!!

cocoloco69: do you think they have enough to keep the teens (15-17) busy? How true is it that the curfue is 2:00 am? :eek:

Not sure about that age group... you may want to post a separate thread for that. I know they have ' hangout' places for just their age group but not sure about the activities.

I can't wait to take a look at them! I'm excited and we aren't even at a year yet! Next Thursday will be our year!!

Please do come back and Let us know all about her when you sail in February!!! I'm even excited for you, to be sailing on her so soon!! :) Happy Cruisin'!!

Off to look at the pictures!!

I'm very excited myself! This is our second cruise ever and it's on the largest ship, so lots to look forward to. Also,living in Ohio, this will be our first "winter" vacation! I can't wait to get out of here! I'll definately come back and share our trip and photos too!

Cocoloco69 - cool. That trip will be with 3 of my sisters and 2 friends of theirs, so totally a girls weekend away. My DH and my sister's DH are going to Bristol, so us girls decided to cruise. Doing nothing for the entire cruise but laying on the beach and soaking up the son (and having a "few" cold one)!

Raina*faith - They had a ton of stuff for the teenagers. We walked all over the ship. I know there was a teen club, but don't remember what it was called. There is mini-golf, basketball, table tennis, the rock wall, flowrider, just to name a few. We don't have kids anymore, so don't pay a lot of attention to those things but there was lots for them to do.

Stores - They had a like "sports clothing" store, the regular general store, liquor store (not open on the pre-inaugural) and then another store with some Tommy Bahama clothes and RCL clothes and other stuff. And a perfume store and jewelry store. I think that was it. We walked around them one night.

When we go next April, I will try to take some good notes so I can post a good review when we get back.

karena1: That's great news! I was looking online to see if they had a list of activities for the kids. I also heard that the curfue has been extended to 2:00 am. My girls have a curfue already, but you know some parents and kids (don't sleep). On my sailing there will be a bunch of kids, I'm sure........

Archived