Heading to Jamacia, Cayman, Mexico 8/19 whats in-store?

lilbert

Also when you sail from remote areas like Galveston, Mobile and New Orleans you are limiting yourself on the number of alternate ports that you can reach.

A 7 day sailing from TX might can make one stop in like the Bahamas and then several days at sea getting there and back. Or do the Bahamas and Key West and the rest at sea.

Cindy, it's 500x96 and 26kb. not too big right!?;) Hey, thanks for the drink... just what I needed!:D

My first trip to Coz was 1990 and loved it. We stayed at El Presidente and had a great time. The snorkeling was very good there too. Since then we've been there a dozen times +/-. We Loved Chichen Itza, fished for Mahi-Mahi! We've been doing a lot of non-cruiseline excursions ourselves these day too... there's too many things to do the cruiselines don't offer.

Cool ship Grumpus! I was supposed to be on this cruise with you guys but we ran into work trouble and had to cancel! I am so jealous you will be leaving soon. Have fun and enjoy those T-shirts you all had made!!!

Cool ship Grumpus! I was supposed to be on this cruise with you guys but we ran into work trouble and had to cancel! I am so jealous you will be leaving soon. Have fun and enjoy those T-shirts you all had made!!!
HI, I wondered what happened to ya! We're very excited over there on the roll call. Come by and say hello. Looks like you'll have a cruise a little later so not too long to wait! Enjoy the kayaking!:)

Fred

Ps. Sorry OP, didn't mean to go off topic, these things just happen.;)

I sure hope all of you that are jumpoing on people for being upset NEVER get upset the next time your AIR TRAVEL is delayed. Funny how everyone on here seems to say they never get upset with delays due to weather. I work in the travel (air) industry and most people flip out and expect free stuff (hotel rooms, food, alcohol, car rentals)because they have been inconvenienced and delayed for 4 hours or cancelled because God wanted it to rain. I hope you remember how you have lectured people the next time you might upset while flying the friendly skies.

lilbert, this is NOT Carnival's fault--and BTW, I'm not a fan of Carnival, but I sure am not going to blame them for mother nature's fury or because I decided to take a cruise at the height of the hurricane season. Everyone knows that when you book a cruise in August or September, that's the chance you take. And believe me, you're probably not going to GC or Cozumel either. GC is supposed to be hit by Monday night or Tuesday and the outer bands of the storm will be there much earlier. It can take islands months if not years to recover from a hurricane. Heck, Cozumel still isn't back fully from Wilma. And I'm going to say this again. It's NOT Carnival's fault if you bob in the water for 5 days. You decided to take a chance by booking a cruise at the height of the hurricane season. Everyone knows, unless you can roll with the changes, unless you don't have a problem with itinerary changes, you DO NOT book a cruise to the Caribbean in August and September. Why do you think so many cruise lines abandon the Caribbean altogether in summer? It's because they don't want the hassles that a hurricane causes.

I sure hope all of you that are jumpoing on people for being upset NEVER get upset the next time your AIR TRAVEL is delayed. Funny how everyone on here seems to say they never get upset with delays due to weather. I work in the travel (air) industry and most people flip out and expect free stuff (hotel rooms, food, alcohol, car rentals)because they have been inconvenienced and delayed for 4 hours or cancelled because God wanted it to rain. I hope you remember how you have lectured people the next time you might upset while flying the friendly skies.

I have seen grown men and women throw fits that would make a two year old stare in awe!

No, I don't get upset. Disappointed maybe, but not upset. Nor would I expect the cruise line to owe me anything if they take me to a different port of call. (which they have!) I don't really think these people who rage about the port changes stop to think how stupid they truly sound. Yes stupid! Do they really and truly think that the cruise lines control the weather? Do they really and truly think that they want out in 165 mph winds with 80 feet waves? Some people really and truly need to try and use the common sense GOD gave them. Even if it's just a little.

Now if the cruise line can't take them into ANY port or shorten them a port or two (which they have!) then yes, I think the pax are due something (which they didn't!). Maybe not a full refund, but something!

JUST like with the airlines. I may not be the norm, but if I have an important place to be, I fly in 1 to 2 days before. But, I see the airlines like any other company. If I purchase their product I expect them to honor their product. Be it putting me up a hotel and covering my expenses until they can honor their product (which they have more than once!) or putting me on another flight with a different airline.

But common sense is needed be it an airline delay or a change of port. Having a fit does nothing but make you look like a idiot.

Archived