San Diego/Spirit question

snomada

Thought I'd ask...anyone know off hand hotels/motels closest to the pier? And how far of a cab ride from airport to that area? Also if anyone has taken the Mexican Riviera trip, do you have any "can't miss" things to do? We are booked deck 7 in November...

Thanks in advance :cool:

Thought I'd ask...anyone know off hand hotels/motels closest to the pier? And how far of a cab ride from airport to that area? Also if anyone has taken the Mexican Riviera trip, do you have any "can't miss" things to do? We are booked deck 7 in November...

Thanks in advance :cool:

You might want to check out the roll call message board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=499330

We'll be on the Spirit Nov 6 also. This is our 3rd cruise on the Spirit and it is a beautiful ship. There is a HUGE convention in San Diego the week before and week of the cruise so hotel rooms are booking quickly. The Holdiay Inn on the Bay and Embassy Suites have been booked since April. They are the ones we normally stay at. You will find hotel suggestions on the message board link above.

Cab ride from airport to pier is about 5 to 10 minutes depending on traffic. $10 cab ride.

Come over to the message board for more information.

:) You guys will be getting on the Spirit as I get off! It's going to be my honeymoon, so no matter what I'm sure it's going to be GREAT! We spent forever trying to decide on a hotel in San Diego. We are going to be there a couple of days before the cruise. We eventually decided being that close to the pier wasn't an essential. We are staying at the Doubletree in hotel circle.

:) You guys will be getting on the Spirit as I get off! It's going to be my honeymoon, so no matter what I'm sure it's going to be GREAT! We spent forever trying to decide on a hotel in San Diego. We are going to be there a couple of days before the cruise. We eventually decided being that close to the pier wasn't an essential. We are staying at the Doubletree in hotel circle.

Best wishes. You've picked a wonderful ship for a honeymoon. Be sure to try out the Supper Club one night. It is worth the extra cost.

Like others said the Holiday Inn or Embassy Suites are good ones to stay at and are very close by.

The taxi is maybe $10. There are so many great things to do in San Diego you should go to Gaslamp District the night your here.

We live in San Diego we too are going on the Spirit in November. The 14th to be exact. We cannot wait.

Have fun!

Archived