Special occasions

QueensFan

Was just in the Voyage Personaliser, and saw that we're able to notify Cunard of a special event during our April QE2 T/A. Seeing as my dad is actually having a birthday during the crossing (lucky), we'd like to do something special.

However, if the "special celebration" involves a parade of waiters singing Happy Birthday, he will throw someone (hopefully not me) overboard.

Does anyone know what Cunard does for birthdays?

I did this to my husband last Dec, and yes, it does involve a "cake' delivered after dinner accompanied by 3 ( I think it was) singing waiters. And while he was definitely shocked I also think he secretly enjoyed it!! I've been waiting 34 years to do that to him!!! ;)

If you do it, you fill in the date on the personalizer that you'd like the birthday acknowledged and then be sure to eat in the dining room that night. NOthing else was done but the cake. And it's not a huge cake but it was delicious. Just too bad the 4 of us had eaten like little piggies and were almost finished with dessert when it came...however, waste not, want not...we ate it!!:eek:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Is this similar to what they do for anniversaries? We'll be celebrating ours onboard.

Same cake. Different song.

I've opted not to have my birthday onboard QE2 next month, but Transatlantic Jon is famous for having his celebrated every year during the Winter Crossing. Hmmm...

Julia

Is this similar to what they do for anniversaries? We'll be celebrating ours onboard.

For anniversaries, you get a bottle of champagne in your cabin (more than likely Pol), a card from the Captain and a free portrait picture. You can have this if your anniversary falls within 2 months either side of your trip.

For anniversaries, you get a bottle of champagne in your cabin (more than likely Pol), a card from the Captain and a free portrait picture. You can have this if your anniversary falls within 2 months either side of your trip.

it's not pol. last month mine was a good bottle of champagne, and then as you say, a card from the captain and a free portrait picture, also a bunch of flowers.

you're in the office early jgs:)

glenn.

Glenn, I am always in before 8. That way I get to leave early and see my little boy before he goes to bed icon14.gif

Good to know about the champagne. With the bottle or two we are taking with us, Lexx and I should have a good time!

Glenn, I am always in before 8. That way I get to leave early and see my little boy before he goes to bed icon14.gif

Good to know about the champagne. With the bottle or two we are taking with us, Lexx and I should have a good time!

i'm always in before 8 but i don't know why as nobody ever phones me before 9:confused:

i'm lucky, nit brings the little man in 3 or 4 times a day.

glenn.

my partner didnt want a fuss made and I left it at that.

however cunard knew itwas his birthday.

a card from the captain

a mention throughtout the day on the ship tv

a cake after dinner and waiters.

and cards from a few fellow passengers who found out

all great fun very well done and all without a mention from anyone.

just let it happen and enjoy it

Yes, there is a birthday wish on the TV when you turn it on, there's a card from the Captain, CD and Social Hostess and of course the singing waiters with the cake. But in my case I had mentioned it on the CC roll call and the group found out the date and arranged to arrive with the cake. I heard singing (which I was expecting) and looked up to see Anja, the social hostess, Amanda, the Assist. CD and quite a few CCers. And according to "Dorchester" I did look rather stunned. It was probably one of the nicest things that's ever happened on my birthday since I was travelling alone and figured the only birthday recognition would be my waiter with the cake.

When is your Birthday Betsy?

Next year we will do the back to back between Leo and JGS' Birthdays. Cunard notified. I intend to have a teddy bear and choclates wating in cabin for Leo. He will be just turned three.

When is your Birthday Betsy?

Next year we will do the back to back between Leo and JGS' Birthdays. Cunard notified. I intend to have a teddy bear and choclates wating in cabin for Leo. He will be just turned three.

Hi Lexxity!

It's Jan. 14th and I'll be 30 "again" I've been 30 for a VERY long time ;) So you have 2 October boys? Will Leo be spending his on Elizabeth or Mary?

Holland America does the same for birthdays ( not surprised) minus the TV greeting and Card. ( the cake was good and so was the serenade)I did not tell them ahead however it's a pretty simple to get a list from a database. All pax with dob between date x and date y.

This year I put my birthday info in the voyage personalizer and my TA mentioned it at booking. The Cunard reservation person specifically asked if there would be any special occaisions.

Holland America does the same for birthdays ( not surprised) minus the TV greeting and Card. ( the cake was good and so was the serenade)I did not tell them ahead however it's a pretty simple to get a list from a database. All pax with dob between date x and date y.

This year I put my birthday info in the voyage personalizer and my TA mentioned it at booking. The Cunard reservation person specifically asked if there would be any special occaisions.

So Denise does that mean you're a Capricorn too? :D

Betsy

No Betsy I am an Aquarius. But very close to Capricorn missed it by a day or so. My birthday is on Jan 21.

Yep, the last Capricorn day is the 19th I think. You enjoy your special day onboard Vicky.

Archived