Special occasions

QueensFan

If it's any help, the anniversary package in the Queens' Grill on QE2 has not a hint of a singing waiter anywhere.

Any waiter that sings to me is a seriously untipped waiter. I really dislike the idea.

Matthew

From the email I received from Cunard when we did what was necessary (via travel agent) in order to receive the Anniversary package:

>>The anniversary package has been added to your reservation. This package includes a formal portrait, flowers, congratulations card signed by the captain and a complimentary bottle of champagne - all will be delivered on embarkation day

Thank you,

Best Regards,<<

And you all say it won't be a bottle of the beloved Pol Pot?

We just celebrated our 35th anniversary and my 60th birthday on 2 separate nights and I did get the card from the captain, a bottle of Pol, a cake for each occasion (del'd to our room and yes the singing waiters (I don't like it but I don't run the ship). :)

No flowers and no portrait.....should I claim???? Ha! Ha! :p

We arrived on the Aug 15th westbound TA

From the email I received from Cunard when we did what was necessary (via travel agent) in order to receive the Anniversary package:

>>The anniversary package has been added to your reservation. This package includes a formal portrait, flowers, congratulations card signed by the captain and a complimentary bottle of champagne - all will be delivered on embarkation day

Thank you,

Best Regards,<<

And you all say it won't be a bottle of the beloved Pol Pot?

Angela,

Don't count on it on embarkation day. Unless that IS the day of course.

The flowers, if you're in a Q2, aren't that impressive compared to what you get anyway.

We've always had a bottle of Perrier Jouet - NV - which I'm always pleased to have. It's a nice wine. You'll have a bottle on embarkation day in your cabin anyway. Pol Pot is for being in the World Club. Sort of suggests they don't like repeat business!

The portrait turns up as a voucher for a free photograph.

It is all free, and worth it for the champagne. No singing in Queens' Grill, you'll be pleased to hear.

You get a cake too - nice, but not as good as a Queens' Grill pudding. Best sent upstairs for later!

Matthew

a cake for each occasion (del'd to our room and yes the singing waiters (I don't like it but I don't run the ship). :)

I'd expect the waiting staff to know that it wouldn't go down well. It's part of the job.

Having said that, it doesn't seem to be a Queens' Grill think. Thank heavens!

Matthew

I'd expect the waiting staff to know that it wouldn't go down well. It's part of the job.

Having said that, it doesn't seem to be a Queens' Grill think. Thank heavens!

Matthew

I do not understand why you say that it is not done in the Queen's Grill and done in the Britannia. We saw it done in the Queen's Grill.

Next time we won't tell the cruise line about a special occasion to ensure that nothing is done...

I do not understand why you say that it is not done in the Queen's Grill and done in the Britannia. We saw it done in the Queen's Grill.

I was thinking about Queen Elizabeth 2. I see you were on Queen Mary 2......

Matthew

When is your Birthday Betsy?

Next year we will do the back to back between Leo and JGS' Birthdays. Cunard notified. I intend to have a teddy bear and choclates wating in cabin for Leo. He will be just turned three.

WHAT?!?

No Teddy and chocolates for JGS?

(Well, I am thinking a DIFFERENT sort of teddy, and body chocolates, but, you know!

Put Leo in the children's program for a few hours, don that teddy and spread the chocolate in appropriate places, and VOILA! in nine months, Leo could have a sister!

9Or maybe JGS just gets fat eating chocolate, and you have to wash the chocolate sticky out of your teddy!

Karie,

who is being NAUGHTY

Angela,

Don't count on it on embarkation day. Unless that IS the day of course.

The flowers, if you're in a Q2, aren't that impressive compared to what you get anyway.

We've always had a bottle of Perrier Jouet - NV - which I'm always pleased to have. It's a nice wine. You'll have a bottle on embarkation day in your cabin anyway. Pol Pot is for being in the World Club. Sort of suggests they don't like repeat business!

The portrait turns up as a voucher for a free photograph.

It is all free, and worth it for the champagne. No singing in Queens' Grill, you'll be pleased to hear.

You get a cake too - nice, but not as good as a Queens' Grill pudding. Best sent upstairs for later!

Matthew

Thank you for the heads up, Matthew. We won't count on things being there the first day. You realise the #1 reason we went ahead and signed up is for the champagne? And I am happy to see the photograph is given as a voucher, rather than being forced to pose.

Cake upstairs for later? Good idea! Less than two weeks to go. Oh boy.

Karie, my Mum AND Dad read this board! SSSSHHHHH!!!!:o :o

Anyway I can't afford more Children, too many cruises to do you see!:D

Absolutely!

I was talking about the OTHER lexxity!

Karie,

hanging her head in shame (but peeking up to see who is laughing! <G>)

:eek:

(Chocolate is for eating, teddies for cuddling and childcare for going out to dinner...)

And how does that differ from what I said, and there is nothing wrong with combining them!

Not talking about you and Lexxity, of course! <G> (See above post!)

Now, what if someone is celebrating, just say, a divorce. Are they the unlucky one who gets the Pol Acker?:eek:

Paul

:eek: I do hope you're not making plans!

OTOH, the woman whose husband tossed her off the balcony the other day wasn't before offered a refreshment of any sort. Which means, if you pour me a glass of Pol Acker, I should request an inside cabine lickety split?

:eek: I do hope you're not making plans!

OTOH, the woman whose husband tossed her off the balcony the other day wasn't before offered a refreshment of any sort. Which means, if you pour me a glass of Pol Acker, I should request an inside cabine lickety split?

Sweetie pie, If I offer you a glass of PA on a Carnival cruise ship then you should be worried. I doubt, however, that you would ever board such a vessel and therefore are quite safe!

Husband

Sweetie pie, If I offer you a glass of PA on a Carnival cruise ship then you should be worried. I doubt, however, that you would ever board such a vessel and therefore are quite safe!

Husband

You go on Carnival cruise ships? Since when? With whom?

I kid, I kid, Sweetie Pie. <3

Now, what if someone is celebrating, just say, a divorce. Are they the unlucky one who gets the Pol Acker?:eek:

Paul

I'm thinking I'm thinking!

A medley of tunes sung by your waiters "I'm Free, (Was that the Who) Love Stinks (Aerosmith?- oops, no J Geils.) Um... Along with some decadent rich chocolatey thing for one. Maybe something with some weird straw that can only be drunk with both sucking at the same time. So you'll know what it is like to once again be single. Paying single supplement, squeezed into the table with all the couples, the one babysitting because you never have anyone to go out with...Trying to play bumper cars for one, and ride the Tilt-a-Whirl and the Ferris Wheel alone in your seat. (And forget about the cotton candy!

I would only be on a Carnival cruise ship if I were rescued at sea after my ship sank.:eek:

And at that, I'd probably see how long I could tread water!

Karie,

who could not go on a cruise alone. Who would carry all of my cases?

I would only be on a Carnival cruise ship if I were rescued at sea after my ship sank.:eek:

And even if I happened to be passing by in a rowboat I'd pull you onboard, if you preferred my rowboat, of course. xoxo

Absolutely!

I was talking about the OTHER lexxity!

Karie,

hanging her head in shame (but peeking up to see who is laughing! <G>)

The lexxity we know & love wouldn't share her chocolate with anyone so it must be the other lexxity you are talking about.

We might come in handy for childminding in the evening but we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn in the morning unless we go for a jog around the decks before breakfast:D :p :rolleyes:

The lexxity we know & love wouldn't share her chocolate with anyone so it must be the other lexxity you are talking about.

We might come in handy for childminding in the evening but we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn in the morning unless we go for a jog around the decks before breakfast:D :p :rolleyes:

You know, the wording of this post makes me think that you might be the sainted mother of which Lexxity wrote. But then, I see by your profile that you are MUCH too young to be a grandmother! (Unless Lexxity was VERY precocious!)

So I must be mistaken!

I'll assume you are her sister. Or maybe her cousin!

Heavens. You are my sister's age, a mere three years sooner-born than I!

Karie,

who CERTAINLY is not old enough to be a grandmother! Heck, I don't even have CHILDREN!

unless we go for a jog around the decks before breakfast

rollinglaugh.gifroll.gifthumb.gif

Oh dear, that must be the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!!

Karie, Arizonagcs is indeed Lexxity's mother (and by association, my mother in law :p ). As for age, she acts and looks much younger than she is thumb.gif

Archived