Measuring Health Level WITHOUT a Scale

WeirdEyes

Here's a great article on how to measure to see if you're healthy without the scale. I, for one, don't put too much emphasis on what the scale says....well, at least I'm trying not to. :o I've seen "skinny fat" people that have no muscle, but weigh so little. Are they healthy? I don't think so.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20303592/

I measured my waist/hip ratio and happy to say I'm healthy! :D

Here's a great article on how to measure to see if you're healthy without the scale. I, for one, don't put too much emphasis on what the scale says....well, at least I'm trying not to. :o I've seen "skinny fat" people that have no muscle, but weigh so little. Are they healthy? I don't think so.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20303592/

I measured my waist/hip ratio and happy to say I'm healthy! :D

Wierd eyes,

Sometimes the scale works against you...a subconscience thing, if your doing the "right things" the numbers will fall in to place, and you won't be the slave of a scale that may be unfriendly one day and wreck your self-image and initiative. Some allow the scale to shout "This will be a bad day, cause I gained a pound!" Don't let this happen to you!

Mike

Wierd eyes,

Sometimes the scale works against you...a subconscience thing, if your doing the "right things" the numbers will fall in to place, and you won't be the slave of a scale that may be unfriendly one day and wreck your self-image and initiative. Some allow the scale to shout "This will be a bad day, cause I gained a pound!" Don't let this happen to you!

Mike

I'm definitely working on using the scale. I've been measuring instead and that seems to help my mood. Since I've been lifting weights regularly, I haven't lost much weight, but I don't care. My clothes fit nicer and I'm working towards a smaller size. That is my goal...a smaller size and not a smaller number on the scale. :D Thanks for your encouragement, Mike!

You are so right, WeirdEyes. As you saw from my other thread (Mike Huckabee's book), the emphasis needs to be on health and fitness, and the weight loss will come.

I for one am 6' tall and am currently 257 lbs (down from 290), but at the same time, I love weightlifting. But I know I'm also healthy.

Archived