Darn Darn Darn -- 8/19/07 Carnival Valor Change

coofie

I might be alone here but I would welcome an itinerary change. I am booked on the legend leaving October 14, 2007. Don't get me wrong, I really like the western itinerary...that's why I booked it. But, my friends and family decided to plan a group cruise in October 2008. I tried and tried to persuade them to do an eastern tour but noone would budge. So guess what???? Same boat, same ports, same week. I'll be on the legend again leaving October 12, 2008. It's going to be great none the less and I'm sure it will be a totally different experience with 45 of my closest friends...hehe.

But hey...any cruise is better than no cruise at all! :D :D

Happy cruising everyone. Stay safe too!

If it was so personal, why would he/she post it on a message board with over 200K members?? What does it have to do with us? We are members of this board, he/she made a post, we responded...

It's NOT about Carnival.... it's about a HURRICANE.

Doesn't matter that we aren't Carnival... we are Cruise Critic members and this post was posted on CRUISE CRITIC :rolleyes:

If she doesn't like OUR opinions, she probably should avoid posting on a public message board. When you post on a message board, you open yourself up to opinions and they won't always match yours. If that is going to upset you, there is a simple solution.

Obviously the point of my post went whizzing right over your head.

Stop taking things so personal, it isn't about you. His opinion has absolutley nothing to do with you....yet you come back and attack someone that you don't even know wouldn't know him or her if you walked by them on the street. Pretty easy to do from the comfort and protection of your computer screen.

This isn't my battle to fight, I am just making an observation. If you don't like what the guy or gal has to say don't answer them....He isn't attacking You. Be the bigger person and leave it alone.

I am curious - where do you go in August that a hurricane may not come up? We are scheduled for Halifax and St. John's on the August 4th sailing of next year. From what a former poster said, they got into bad weather in Halifax.

Obviously the point of my post went whizzing right over your head.

Stop taking things so personal, it isn't about you. His opinion has absolutley nothing to do with you....yet you come back and attack someone that you don't even know wouldn't know him or her if you walked by them on the street. Pretty easy to do from the comfort and protection of your computer screen.

This isn't my battle to fight, I am just making an observation. If you don't like what the guy or gal has to say don't answer them....He isn't attacking You. Be the bigger person and leave it alone.

And obviously the point of mine went whizzing over yours :rolleyes: This is a message board. People respond to messages. If this bothers you, message boards might not be a good place to be. It is about me if I want it to be, due to the nature of what this is... a message board. I didn't attack anyone. I stated my opinion on the situation, and my thoughts. If the OP or you for that matter, didn't want that, post on a personal blog and don't allow replies. Don't post on a message board if you don't want replies, or you only want people to agree with you.

You aren't making an observation, you are playing judge and jury. If you don't like what I or anyone else has to say and it violates the TOS of this site, report me, but I am allowed to have an opinion. Imagine the boredom of a message board where nobody could post. Obviously it bothers you, and I'm sorry for that... but my opinion and thoughts on this subject remain the same. And I'll still get a full night of sleep :)

:rolleyes:

Well, some passengers are shareholders, so the well-being of the line does concern them. Not that that makes it worth getting upset about one ticked off customer.

And after all, people reacting to what they believe is an unreasonable way of thinking is really no different than... well, than your post.

I think the thing is to just be polite.

Are you a shareholder? If so does the opinion of this ONE person really matter? Come on? Your smarter than that!

Nice attempt to try to call me out.....not gonna work. See even if I were a shareholder...wouldn't let some feeble little tantrum by an upset cruiser....or for that matter....those attacking the upset cruiser..bother me much.

Quite humorous really! Fun way to pass a Friday night given that I obviously don't have much else to do!:rolleyes:

OMG!!! This is like a soap opera!! But better!!! coofie your busted posting like you did cause a big bashing you should of stayed clear of bashing Carnival!!! So many people love it wrong thing to do. What the heck are you saying that people are atheist then what are you?? You have replied the same way back. Maybe not as hasty but still the same. Maybe you should pray to find out why you are still posting and not getting on with your life!! Just back away and leave it be. Its you against the rest and you are losing!!!! Just take your cruise and enjoy it with your family, I know I would if I were in your shoes. And beside like you said YOU DON'T KNOW ME SO HOW CAN YOU JUDGE ME!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH!!!!

Pegs222: I am so jealous of your 45th Anniversary cruise. I'm sure France will be amazing!!!! Have loads 'o fun!

Kelly

Ahh thanks Kelly, I am so excited. London, Paris, Rome, so many other ports. It truly is the trip of a life time. If you click on my Roll Call, I have put the entire itinerary on that thread.

I am curious - where do you go in August that a hurricane may not come up? We are scheduled for Halifax and St. John's on the August 4th sailing of next year. From what a former poster said, they got into bad weather in Halifax.

you can get a hurricane anywhere on the east coast, although they tend to peter out by the time they get very far north...but they could still be at the tropical storm stage. If you want to avoid hurricanes I would advise you to cruise on the west coast during august...or pretty much anywhere else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (hee, do I even need to say that :D ) but, aren't hurricanes only an occurance in the Atlantic/Caribbean? I know they get other types of storms on the west coast (typhoons?) but they aren't as common?

:rolleyes:

Are you a shareholder? If so does the opinion of this ONE person really matter? Come on? Your smarter than that!

Nice attempt to try to call me out.....not gonna work. See even if I were a shareholder...wouldn't let some feeble little tantrum by an upset cruiser....or for that matter....those attacking the upset cruiser..bother me much.

Quite humorous really! Fun way to pass a Friday night given that I obviously don't have much else to do!:rolleyes:

Missing-the-point.....party of 1... your table is ready....

This all started with an appeal by the OP for people to call Carnival and complain because the cruise line had the gall to actually follow the contract of carriage in regard to adverse weather.

If YOU want to let that pass without comment, Hurray for you.

Ahh thanks Kelly, I am so excited. London, Paris, Rome, so many other ports. It truly is the trip of a life time. If you click on my Roll Call, I have put the entire itinerary on that thread.

That looks like so much fun. I was lucky to go on a study abroad trip in March and we went to London, Paris, and Belgium. It was incredible. Congrats on 45 years and hope this is your best trip yet!

Maybe I could convince my husband that we need to do this itinerary for our 4.5 year anniversary in 2009...haha! Wish me luck :D

And obviously the point of mine went whizzing over yours :rolleyes: This is a message board. People respond to messages. If this bothers you, message boards might not be a good place to be. It is about me if I want it to be, due to the nature of what this is... a message board. I didn't attack anyone. I stated my opinion on the situation, and my thoughts. If the OP or you for that matter, didn't want that, post on a personal blog and don't allow replies. Don't post on a message board if you don't want replies, or you only want people to agree with you.

You aren't making an observation, you are playing judge and jury. If you don't like what I or anyone else has to say and it violates the TOS of this site, report me, but I am allowed to have an opinion. Imagine the boredom of a message board where nobody could post. Obviously it bothers you, and I'm sorry for that... but my opinion and thoughts on this subject remain the same. And I'll still get a full night of sleep :)

All I can say is you seem to be the most bothered here.....I am not playing anything....You are! I couldn't care less what you or anyone thinks. Judges make me sick and jury's are uselss. (refer to O.J Simpson trial)

You respond to a post from the OP with an attack as though you are personally being attacked somehow....rather strange really. I on the other hand have not attacked anyone! I have simply made observation as to what I have read here :rolleyes:

I am quite aware of how these boards work have been around for a while. I just always find it so amazing that society has evolved (see previous 6 pages) to ranting at each other over some silly issue when we have wars everywhere...weather and mine collapses killing people, earthquakes abound, people starving and many people around the world who want to see us (Americans) dead! BUT....were gonna rant at some guy, who we don't even know...otherwise probably couldn't care less what he or she thinks, because we (including me) obviously don't have anything more productive to do and are evidently feeling the need to protect Carnival from some outward attack by some looser who's opinion really doesn't matter.

Now get on the damn ship!!!:)

Missing-the-point.....party of 1... your table is ready....

This all started with an appeal by the OP for people to call Carnival and complain because the cruise line had the gall to actually follow the contract of carriage in regard to adverse weather.

If YOU want to let that pass without comment, Hurray for you.

OOOOO..that hurt:rolleyes:

And the original post bothered you How? Did it ruin your dinner for one?

All I can say is you seem to be the most bothered here.....I am not playing anything....You are! I couldn't care less what you or anyone thinks. Judges make me sick and jury's are uselss. (refer to O.J Simpson trial)

You respond to a post from the OP with an attack as though you are personally being attacked somehow....rather strange really. I on the other hand have not attacked anyone! I have simply made observation as to what I have read here :rolleyes:

I am quite aware of how these boards work have been around for a while. I just always find it so amazing that society has evolved (see previous 6 pages) to ranting at each other over some silly issue when we have wars everywhere...weather and mine collapses killing people, earthquakes abound, people starving and many people around the world who want to see us (Americans) dead! BUT....were gonna rant at some guy, who we don't even know...otherwise probably couldn't care less what he or she thinks, because we (including me) obviously don't have anything more productive to do and are evidently feeling the need to protect Carnival from some outward attack by some looser who's opinion really doesn't matter.

I'm not bothered a bit... this is a message board, it's entertainment. it's the internet, LMAO!!! I didn't attack the OP... I responded. If my response was deemed as an attack, please report my post.

I guess I come to a place like this, to get away from war, earthquakes, etc. I certainly don't want to be brought down to it here, on a message board, about cruising.

Hey, at least I didn't call the OP a loser!!! :p LMAO!!!

Seriously, there is a maniac on the lose on this board... can't we all just get along :D

I'm not bothered a bit... this is a message board, it's entertainment. it's the internet, LMAO!!! I didn't attack the OP... I responded. If my response was deemed as an attack, please report my post.

I guess I come to a place like this, to get away from war, earthquakes, etc. I certainly don't want to be brought down to it here, on a message board, about cruising.

Hey, at least I didn't call the OP a loser!!! :p LMAO!!!

Seriously, there is a maniac on the lose on this board... can't we all just get along :D

Hey, from one Southerner to another..........SALUTE!!!;)

Your right it is entertainment....but so is Bull fighting!!! LOL!

Lets move on shall we?

All I can say is you seem to be the most bothered here.....I am not playing anything....You are! I couldn't care less what you or anyone thinks. Judges make me sick and jury's are uselss. (refer to O.J Simpson trial)[/b]

Your going to compare a thread the poster has every right to post in, with the trial of OJ? Oh yes, I can see where the comparison would be very similar :eek: Shaking head here :confused:

So your logic is that it's pointless and irrational to respond to any internet bulletin board post that you don't agree with.... and you prove this point by making multiple posts on that same type of thread??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your going to compare a thread the poster has every right to post in, with the trial of OJ? Oh yes, I can see where the comparison would be very similar :eek: Shaking head here :confused:

OMG......You really missed the point.....ATTENTION, LANDING IN PROGRESS!!!!

Lets move on okay?

So your logic is that it's pointless and irrational to respond to any internet bulletin board post that you don't agree with.... and you prove this point by making multiple posts on that same type of thread??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please refer to reply made to "pegs222"

Hey bartender can I have another?

Have a nice day.

Hey, from one Southerner to another..........SALUTE!!!;)

Your right it is entertainment....but so is Bull fighting!!! LOL!

Lets move on shall we?

ROFLMAO! Hey, I like bull fighting too! Man, if we could combine CC with bull fighting, that would ROCK!! :D LOL!!!!

Yes, I am moving on :D SALUTE!!

you can get a hurricane anywhere on the east coast, although they tend to peter out by the time they get very far north...but they could still be at the tropical storm stage. If you want to avoid hurricanes I would advise you to cruise on the west coast during august...or pretty much anywhere else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (hee, do I even need to say that :D ) but, aren't hurricanes only an occurance in the Atlantic/Caribbean? I know they get other types of storms on the west coast (typhoons?) but they aren't as common?

They get hurricanes on the west coast. Consider the one that was around the Hawaiian islands recently. ;)

Archived