Darn Darn Darn -- 8/19/07 Carnival Valor Change

coofie

GoinCruisin (Lucy) you are obviously a VERY smart person, your comments were not only witty, but they were FUNNY too!! Thanks for entertaining me while making your points well!!

Snorkel2Much - your wit has no match!! (except for maybe Lucy's... oh, and my own... LOL)

:)

I never cease to be amazed at how personal some people on these boards take things......it is very silly actually.

When someone post's something negative...whether or not it is reality..it is always taken as though someone has come to your front door and said your wife/husband or house or kids are ugly!!! Whats the deal with that?

So the guy is upset with Carnival...SO WHAT! What does it have to do with YOU!?

lets stop taking things so personally...it isn't about YOU....its about Carnival.

Unless you have a red, white and blue Carnival emblem on your side and have a funnel growing out of your head...you are NOT Carnival!!!

The man is entitled to his opinion, if you don't like his opinion, don't engage in dialogue with him.

Well said, and I love the imagary of the funnel head!

This TOTALLY sucks. The same exact thing happened to my family of 5 last year on the 8/26-9/2/06 Carnival Glory and we visited the same exact ports. This is RIDICULOUS !

THEN STOP GOING ON CRUISES DURING HURRICANE SEASON!!!!:eek:

(FYI, not only is my family of 5 on this trip, but I have paid for 4 additional cabins of 3-4 adults/children per cabin as a gift to some local families who have donated their time, lives and homes to those less fortunate than themselves -- NOT that it's any of your narrow-minded, self-centered and self-rightous business -- and I do this every year (but not always a cruise)!!).

Then don't make it our business. As Christians, the Bible tells us to give our alms quietly and privately.....otherwise, they are not true charity but only to puff us up in the eyes of others.

[quote name=bunny1954;11283988

Then don't make it our business. As Christians' date=' the Bible tells us to give our alms quietly and privately.....otherwise, they are not true charity but only to puff us up in the eyes of others.[/quote]

VERY WELL SPOKEN

The Carnival Valor departing 8/19/07 from Miami is NO LONGER GOING to the Western Caribbean!!

We have been diverted as follows:

SUN 08/19/07 MIAMI 07:00AM 4:00PM

MON 08/20/07 NASSAU 07:00AM 2:00PM

TUE 08/21/07 AT SEA

Lucky.....It looks like the OP is at sea! :D

My ship had to be diverted on one of the stops last year due to sea conditions. It was not a catastrophe. However, we ended up in a port with quite a few other ships and it was crowded, crowded, crowded. I understand your disappointment but I think the safety of some 3,500 people is the most important consideration for a captain. Your kids may just have to use the internet to do their report on the ruins. Those people that are in Dean's path are just hoping to survive without losing everything.

Yes, there are other ports. However there are many cruiseships from many cruiselines already scheduled to be in those ports. When ship itineraries are forced to be diverted it just makes things more difficult to plan. I'm sure they did the best they could in the time they had. I've heard of some cruises not getting to any ports which to me would be worse.

OMG you guys are cracking me up!! seriously, I think a part of my cheek just fell off...
GoinCruisin (Lucy) you are obviously a VERY smart person, your comments were not only witty, but they were FUNNY too!! Thanks for entertaining me while making your points well!!

Snorkel2Much - your wit has no match!! (except for maybe Lucy's... oh, and my own... LOL)

Thanks....;)

Hope that missing cheek wasn't holding your pants up.:D

We just sailed on the Glory on 8/4. We were the only ship in port while at St. Thomas and St. Maarten and there were only 1 other ship in port while in Nassau. When I heard about the itinerary changes I was thinking the Eastern Caribbean ports are going to be very crowded. Next year, I would also think twice for myself about booking a cruise to the Caribbean this time of year.:)

I totally pray for your souls. (Actually, that is going to be a waste as you obviously are all atheists!)

For those of you who have posted nasty, hurtful comments, I really feel sorry for you. YOU are the most pathetic group of people who have nothing better to do with your lives and time than to spew nastiness and crap out of your mouth -- there is NO mouthwash strong enough. GET A LIFE!!!

Morris619-- thank you!!

The rest of you -- may you each reap tenfold what you sow.

(FYI, not only is my family of 5 on this trip, but I have paid for 4 additional cabins of 3-4 adults/children per cabin as a gift to some local families who have donated their time, lives and homes to those less fortunate than themselves -- NOT that it's any of your narrow-minded, self-centered and self-rightous business -- and I do this every year (but not always a cruise)!!).

WARNING: THIS BULLETIN BOARD IS FOR CARNIVAL OWNERS ONLY. OTHERS BEWARE OF GROTESQUELY DEFORMED GUARD DOG(S)!

You all are so sad... so sad!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****. You come on this board and complain how your vacation is ruined, by a hurricane, and how Carnival isn't compensating you. then you have the gall to bad-mouth others who just happen to think that you should be happy that the cruise was not cancelled, and you are going to go to (IMHO) some much better ports????

Perhaps you would rather that the Valor sailed head-long into a Cat 5? Would that make you vacation any better? I think not? And as to the get-a-life comments. I think I speak for the majority of users here, when I say we do have a life, and cruising is a big part of it. When you are sea you are at the mercy of the weather, and a cat 5 is nothing you want to mess with. I would much prefer to be at sea going to ports I already been to than doing battle with a monster storm, or sitting home wishing that I was at sea.

I think you need a reality check. Sun, fun, and great ports, Cat 5 winds, or cancel the cruise altogether. Carnival chose the former.

So... Get over it and have a great cruise, or cancel and be miserable it's your choice.

*****. You come on this board and complain how your vacation is ruined, by a hurricane, and how Carnival isn't compensating you. then you have the gall to bad-mouth others who just happen to think that you should be happy that the cruise was not cancelled, and you are going to go to (IMHO) some much better ports????

Perhaps you would rather that the Valor sailed head-long into a Cat 5? Would that make you vacation any better? I think not? And as to the get-a-life comments. I think I speak for the majority of users here, when I say we do have a life, and cruising is a big part of it. When you are sea you are at the mercy of the weather, and a cat 5 is nothing you want to mess with. I would much prefer to be at sea going to ports I already been to that doing battle with a monster storm, or sitting home wishing that I was at sea.

I think you need a reality check. Sun, fun, and great ports, Cat 5 winds, or cancel the cruise altogether. Carnival chose the former.

So... Get over it and have a great cruise, or cancel and be miserable it's your choice.

WoW...:eek:

I honestly don't think the OP is coming back...even after the cruise.:cool:

:rolleyes:

*edited for content*:rolleyes:

Ditto, because I don't want to be banned for life for what I'd really like to say to this religious hypocrite who has no concern for the welfare of the people who are in the path of this storm, or for the families of the (so far) 12 people that have died due to this storm, or to the people who have lost EVERYTHING due to this storm :mad:

WoW...:eek:

I honestly don't think the OP is coming back...even after the cruise.:cool:

we can only hope.

...there are other ports available to Carnival, but it appears they have once again taken the easy way out.

Yeah! They should have just sent you into the hurricane. That would definitely be the less easy way out. :rolleyes:

Oh goodness, I would love to be on a cruise this very minute - wouldn't care what itineary, wouldn't care about compensation.... oh well....

Personally, I don't think cruising is a good vacation for this poster - and I will pray, if he/she continues to cruise I don't run into her on one of my cruises - I can't stand negativity..... get over it!

I hope that you will come back in here after your cruise, and tell us that you had a wonderful time despite your first thoughts on this particular cruise.

(without bad-mouthing anyone who has left comments since your last visit!)

Tell us how much fun you had... then don't come back in here!! If you aren't here to read what everyone is saying, then you can't possibly get bothered by it!

Archived