The Old Luggage Tags are Back

SHINEMAN

Pleasantly surprised to receive the old type, pre-printed luggage tags in the mail today.

Much easier for those of us who hadn't mastered the kindergarten skills required for the photocopy ones.

I guess enough people complained and credit to them, NCL listened.

Well, I made all my own from the email they sent, we have 2 rooms reserved. (I even happen to color them yellow...)

I was surprised to get everything in the mail a couple days after I made my own, for one of our cabins. Cool. But we sail in 2 days, and I never got anything for the second cabin. Weird. It's 2 separate reservations. Oh well. My tags came out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself, and they did match the YELLOW ones they sent me (I made mine yellow without knowing they would send me yellow tags). :)

Well, I made all my own from the email they sent, we have 2 rooms reserved. (I even happen to color them yellow...)

I was surprised to get everything in the mail a couple days after I made my own, for one of our cabins. Cool. But we sail in 2 days, and I never got anything for the second cabin. Weird. It's 2 separate reservations. Oh well. My tags came out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself, and they did match the YELLOW ones they sent me (I made mine yellow without knowing they would send me yellow tags). :)

I'm not sure how true this is...I had read on these boards that if you booked over one month out, you would receive the luggage tags in the mail...otherwise you had to print them out.

I booked one month out and received my tags in the mail about 3 days before my cruise:)

I'm not sure how true this is...I had read on these boards that if you booked over one month out, you would receive the luggage tags in the mail...otherwise you had to print them out.

I booked one month out and received my tags in the mail about 3 days before my cruise:)

Well, I am telling you that I booked two rooms on the same day (approx. 5 months prior to sail date) and I have received documents and luggage tags for one of the rooms by US Mail, and received nothing via US mail for the second room. I don't really care, because I already had all the eDocs and luggage tags printed out anyway. My story was just an observation, I thought it was strange. So what's not to believe? Who knows, maybe the other rooms' docs and tags will be in my mailbox tomorrow, but I sail Sunday...

Well, I am telling you that I booked two rooms on the same day (approx. 5 months prior to sail date) and I have received documents and luggage tags for one of the rooms by US Mail, and received nothing via US mail for the second room. I don't really care, because I already had all the eDocs and luggage tags printed out anyway. My story was just an observation, I thought it was strange. So what's not to believe? Who knows, maybe the other rooms' docs and tags will be in my mailbox tomorrow, but I sail Sunday...

Sorry...I didn't mean that I did not believe you...I meant that I didn't know if the info., that I read on the boards was really accurate. Re: the one month out booking.

Nothing to do with your post;)

I did have trouble receiving my packets on one cruise due to different addresses on the registrations. The others who received packets via mail never told me that they had them.

Have a great cruise:)

Sorry...I didn't mean that I did not believe you...I meant that I didn't know if the info., that I read on the boards was really accurate. Re: the one month out booking.

Nothing to do with your post;)

I did have trouble receiving my packets on one cruise due to different addresses on the registrations. The others who received packets via mail never told me that they had them.

Have a great cruise:)

Oh! Sorry! See how you can't read "tone" on forums?!! Thanks for clarifying, I was wondering why you didn't believe me!! :p

I'm thinking the mailing of documents is just random at this point. Some get 'em, some don't. NCL just didn't take in to account that 2 rooms were booked to the same address/credit card.

Oh! Sorry! See how you can't read "tone" on forums?!! Thanks for clarifying, I was wondering why you didn't believe me!! :p

Same problem sometimes with emails;)

I'm thinking the mailing of documents is just random at this point. Some get 'em, some don't. NCL just didn't take in to account that 2 rooms were booked to the same address/credit card.

You don't have to worry....you were smart enough to print out your tags.

Have a wonderful cruise and come back and post a review:)

Pleasantly surprised to receive the old type, pre-printed luggage tags in the mail today.

Much easier for those of us who hadn't mastered the kindergarten skills required for the photocopy ones.

I guess enough people complained and credit to them, NCL listened.

Did they ever go away? Were they ever not availabe at the pier? So how can they be back?:D

I believe Shineman was referring to luggage tags in the mail...NOT at the pier:)

Let me add "by snail mail", which is what I meant. Did they ever go away "by snail mail"?

From a NCL Press Release dated April 266, 2007:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_042607

In advance of the e-documents, travel partners or guests with paid reservations will receive a new pre-documentation Freestyle Cruising Kit in the mail approximately 75 to 21 days prior to their scheduled sailing. This kit includes a personalized welcome letter, NCL’s welcome aboard booklet that answers questions they may have prior to their cruise, a shore excursion order form and booklet, personalized luggage tags and travel protection plan details, if applicable.

“We’ve built this system to meet the needs of our travel partners,” said Crane Gladding, NCL’s vice president of passenger services. “We’ve made it as flexible as possible, so that travel partners can indicate their preferences for the delivery of the Freestyle Cruising Kit, as well as the e-documents.”

Note, NCL never stated they were taking personalized luggage tags away!

Let me add "by snail mail", which is what I meant. Did they ever go away "by snail mail"?

From a NCL Press Release dated April 266, 2007:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_042607

In advance of the e-documents, travel partners or guests with paid reservations will receive a new pre-documentation Freestyle Cruising Kit in the mail approximately 75 to 21 days prior to their scheduled sailing. This kit includes a personalized welcome letter, NCL’s welcome aboard booklet that answers questions they may have prior to their cruise, a shore excursion order form and booklet, personalized luggage tags and travel protection plan details, if applicable.

“We’ve built this system to meet the needs of our travel partners,” said Crane Gladding, NCL’s vice president of passenger services. “We’ve made it as flexible as possible, so that travel partners can indicate their preferences for the delivery of the Freestyle Cruising Kit, as well as the e-documents.”

Note, NCL never stated they were taking personalized luggage tags away!

Umph - I'm sailing in 2 weeks and haven't received a thing. In fact, I wouldn't even have my e-docs if I hadn't read on the boards the link to print them, cause I haven't heard a thing from AAA or NCL. I'm just gonna wait and use the tags at the pier. Sounds like it would be easier to do it at the pier - we'll only have 2 bags, and we'll be there early - will have plenty of time.

In May they said they would be available at the pier, and they were but they were the small tags they use for disembarcation which had to be tough to read by the guys humping them and easy to rip off. And that's exactly what happened to one of mine and maybe to a number of other folks too based on the number of bags at the unidentified luggage collection point that evening.

For some reason they didn't attempt to locate the owner via your regular luggage tags.

I'm thinking the mailing of documents is just random at this point. Some get 'em, some don't.

BOY! Isn't that just Grand!!! The thought of a major corporation handling documents in a "random" fashion......variation and lack of consistancy in ANYTHING is a huge set-up for error and will most likely affect the customer adversly, not the corporation. Medicine is my career, I wonder how my customers would appreciate a flipant approach such as NCL's?

Could it be that inconsistant payment (or non at all) for service not yet even provided fall into a category of "some get 'em, some don't" as suggested by denisegold?

I too have not received my "FreeStyle Kit" that includes shore excusion info and luggage tags for a sailing two weeks away. Total payment and downloaded documents occured many months ago. The implication of the need for remedial luggage tag art and a special trip to Office Max for Crayola, a glue stick and shipping tags to strengthen the edoc tag I find less than entertaining. Hell, while I'm at the project let's see how receptive my air carrier is to my newly discovered talent.......who knows, perhaps SouthWest Airlines, Frontier and NCL could put in a bid for my work! LOL!

The bottom line folks is the necessity for decreased variation for customer satisfaction. As you know, this is an issue that has prompted a lot of confusion and discussion. Communication shared with all in a consistant manner would alleviate plenty of frustration and in turn save NCL staff time for answering questions that may be outside of the norm.

SuiteCruzin

I haven't recieved anything and I sail at the end of Sept....I think Shore excursion info sent less then 4 weeks before sailing is silly. My ta claims it was shipped last week meanwhile others on my roll call have had the "KIT??" for a week or more.

What do folks with out access to the internet do for prebooking tours..many are sold out before folks get onboard.:confused:

I haven't recieved anything and I sail at the end of Sept....I think Shore excursion info sent less then 4 weeks before sailing is silly. My ta claims it was shipped last week meanwhile others on my roll call have had the "KIT??" for a week or more.

What do folks with out access to the internet do for prebooking tours..many are sold out before folks get onboard.:confused:

You can always call and order the tours at NCL. And, a lot of times if a tour is sold out they will add more space so most all can go. We usually preorder some but wait till on board for others.

I have 3 cabins reserved. I recieved tags for 2 of the cabins. I called my TA, they said I probably wouldnt be getting them for the 3rd cabin, which was ok, I had extras from the other cabins....But the tags came the next day for the 3rd cabin....

We're leaving in two weeks and to-date we've received FOUR sets of Welcome Packets and TAGS!! TAGS!! and more "TAGS"!! In each packet I get four tags with DH name and four tags with my name!! At this rate I'll be able to tag everyone on the ship!:eek:

We're leaving in two weeks and to-date we've received FOUR sets of Welcome Packets and TAGS!! TAGS!! and more "TAGS"!! In each packet I get four tags with DH name and four tags with my name!! At this rate I'll be able to tag everyone on the ship!:eek:

LOL....gave me a BIG chuckle!

Archived