Boat Rental

Jessie123

Aquatic Bermuda is in Hamilton. The website says they give you instruction so you don't need to have experience. they also tell you where to go if you want to snorkel or see stuff.

It's $215 for a full day. Seems like a better deal for two people than $160 for 3.5 hours.

Don't forget to add in the cost of gas to the charter, which can significantly raise the price. We are also looking into possibly renting something when we are there in October because we own a boat. The cost of gas is always more expensive at a dock, plus you are in Bermuda so I can only imagine how much more it is in the first place.

We are going to Bermuda 9/23 on RCI and I have the Beach Cat booked for half a day for the 6 of us. We were originally going to do a snorkel excursion thru the cruise line for $600 for ~3hrs but decided to go this route instead. Much cheaper plus we get the freedom of having our own boat. I can't wait, I am so excited!

When are you going? If you go before us and decide to get a boat thru them please let me know all about it. Thanks. :D

We are going to Bermuda 9/23 on RCI and I have the Beach Cat booked for half a day for the 6 of us. We were originally going to do a snorkel excursion thru the cruise line for $600 for ~3hrs but decided to go this route instead. Much cheaper plus we get the freedom of having our own boat. I can't wait, I am so excited!

When are you going? If you go before us and decide to get a boat thru them please let me know all about it. Thanks. :D

IF you were talking to me......I don't go until Oct 7th :(

We're leaving on 9/2. I'm going to wait to book when we're actually in Bermuda. I was thinking that if we don't go to a port, which can happen we might lose our deposit.

I'm > < this close to doing it. :)

I got my reservation in early because I wanted to make sure to get the Beach Cat because my girlfriend wanted one with a bathroom. You can cancel up to 48 hours prior for no charge, after that you will be charged the daily rental fee. They just asked me for a credit card number when I called but I don't think you need the $750 deposit until the day of rental.

I'm curious about how far you can venture in the alotted time and if there are any really good snorkel spots in the bay area. Let me know how it goes and have a fun trip.

OK....I have a question for both of you. That boat company looks cool and reasonable. We were looking to go to the east end somewhere to see seacaves and such. If we rented from Hamilton, could we get to this location?? If so, how??

Thanks

OK....I have a question for both of you. That boat company looks cool and reasonable. We were looking to go to the east end somewhere to see seacaves and such. If we rented from Hamilton, could we get to this location?? If so, how??

Thanks

if you rent from aquatic bermuda you will not be able to go to the east end of the island. you will be restricted to the west end ie from hamilton heading westward to the shipwreck of the hms vixen. i'm not sure what "sea caves" are or exactly where one might find them, but believe me, no matter where you go, bermuda is awesome when seen from the water. if you need to see the "sea caves" at the east end, you will need to rent from grotto bay's watersports shop. i highly recommend booking your boat rental very early, no matter who you decide to go with as these boats are popular, especially aquatic bda. they are the only company renting pontoon boats. if your ship skips bermuda, then there is no charge as this, like the weather, is out of your control.

if you rent from aquatic bermuda you will not be able to go to the east end of the island. you will be restricted to the west end ie from hamilton heading westward to the shipwreck of the hms vixen. i'm not sure what "sea caves" are or exactly where one might find them, but believe me, no matter where you go, bermuda is awesome when seen from the water. if you need to see the "sea caves" at the east end, you will need to rent from grotto bay's watersports shop. i highly recommend booking your boat rental very early, no matter who you decide to go with as these boats are popular, especially aquatic bda. they are the only company renting pontoon boats. if your ship skips bermuda, then there is no charge as this, like the weather, is out of your control.

Thanks.......again!!!!

Hi bdaguy. You mention the Vixen and this is one of the things I wanted to see while on the boat. Any idea how long it might take to get there by pontoon? Do you think it would be reasonable to say we could make it over there from Hamilton with only a 4 hour rental without it taking up our whole time sailing? I also see that it is out in the open ocean, do you think this is a wise idea for someone renting their own boat? Any dangers involved? Sorry for all the questions but you seem to be very knowledgeable about the area. Thanks.

Hi bdaguy. You mention the Vixen and this is one of the things I wanted to see while on the boat. Any idea how long it might take to get there by pontoon? Do you think it would be reasonable to say we could make it over there from Hamilton with only a 4 hour rental without it taking up our whole time sailing? I also see that it is out in the open ocean, do you think this is a wise idea for someone renting their own boat? Any dangers involved? Sorry for all the questions but you seem to be very knowledgeable about the area. Thanks.

if you go direct from hamilton to the vixen on your rental boat, it should take no more than 45mins. keep in mind that there is plenty to see along the way. the shipwreck itself is not in the open ocean, it's about 500' from shore. under normal weather conditions it will be slightly wavier than a busy swimming pool. tony, pb or chris will suggest an itinerary for you showing the route on a detailed chart for you. follow their suggestion and you'll see paradise lakes, somerset bridge (world's smallest drawbridge), the hms vixen and stop for some awesome snorkelling all in 4 hours. they also rent snorkel gear if you don't have your own. you can also avoid the damage deposit by taking advantage of their guide option which i think is only available on the beach cat rental, but may be available on the pontoon boat as well.

Windjammer Watersports at the Cambridge beaches hotel rents boats. The price is $75 for the first hour and $20 for each hour after, plus gas ($6.88/gal at the nearby marine gas station). It’s only about 2 miles from the Vixen.

• 2 weeks later...
if you go direct from hamilton to the vixen on your rental boat, it should take no more than 45mins. keep in mind that there is plenty to see along the way. the shipwreck itself is not in the open ocean, it's about 500' from shore. under normal weather conditions it will be slightly wavier than a busy swimming pool. tony, pb or chris will suggest an itinerary for you showing the route on a detailed chart for you. follow their suggestion and you'll see paradise lakes, somerset bridge (world's smallest drawbridge), the hms vixen and stop for some awesome snorkelling all in 4 hours. they also rent snorkel gear if you don't have your own. you can also avoid the damage deposit by taking advantage of their guide option which i think is only available on the beach cat rental, but may be available on the pontoon boat as well.

bdaguy,

How can I get a hold of this.....my sister in law booked the beach cat and we wanted to do this!!! Thanks

bdaguy,

How can I get a hold of this.....my sister in law booked the beach cat and we wanted to do this!!! Thanks

they'll tell you when they give you instructions. tell 'em what you wanna do and see, and they'll point it out on the chart that is always on the boat.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to mention that we DID rent a boat from Aquatic October 11 and they COULD NOT have been any more accomodating!!! Tony went out of his way and his helper, Mark was a lot of fun and a wealth of information. I HIGHLY recommend them!!!!

Archived