Cruise director on the GLORY????

raidernation

Good morning, well it's another weekend closer to our Oct. 27 cruise and my people have asked a few more questions. 2 years ago on the Victory we had a guy named DANA as our director. We saw a new cruise show earlier this year with DANA as the CD on the GLORY. We all found him very energetic and imformative. Is he still the CD and if not, who is he or she and how did you guys rate him or her from past CD'S. Thanks again.

Good morning Raidernation. I have seen many posts on CC concerning Wee Jimmy. He seems to be very well liked and highly thought of as a CD. We'll be sailing on Glory 3 weeks before you. I will be sure and post something when we get back and let you know what we thought.

We were on the Glory on the July 28th cruise to the Western Caribbean. Our CD was Ryan. He is an younger, energetic guy who was a lot of fun. He hosted the Newly wed- Not so newly wed game that my wife and I were on and all the other large events. Now I don't know if he was there to cover short term or what. Hope this helps. Mike

We were on the Glory in May, Wee Jimmy was CD then. He is a hoot, even when you find him at the bar, he has time to talk to everyone!

When we were on, his mom was on with us.

Although that was our first cruise, I think he did an awesome job!

The shopping lady's name was Gail, if you want free things, go to her presentations, she thows things out to the crowd in almost everything she does!

Have a fabulous time! Enjoy the Chocolate Buffet...I think it was on Wednesday night....it was incredible!!!!

Good morning, well it's another weekend closer to our Oct. 27 cruise and my people have asked a few more questions. 2 years ago on the Victory we had a guy named DANA as our director. We saw a new cruise show earlier this year with DANA as the CD on the GLORY. We all found him very energetic and imformative. Is he still the CD and if not, who is he or she and how did you guys rate him or her from past CD'S. Thanks again.

Dana was on Glory last October. I heard it is now Ryan Fitzgerald.

There have been different rumors going around that Ryan will be replaced by Wee Jimmy at the first of September. But my PVP said Ryan is there for the 6 month duration. So we shall see.

I will post when we return on Sept 22 and let you know for sure who it is.

Happy Cruzing

He is the best cruise director so far that I have!! I was on the Glory in March and had a blast. Had planned to go on the Miracle and see him on the St. Martin day when both ships would be there but sadly plans changed. Next cruise I am on hopefully he will be there and my girlfriends from work will see how funny he is.

WILL SEE HIM ON SATURDAY AND PASS ON YOUR REGARDS (AS PAST CRUISERS WITH HIM)..........

P.S. IT'S RALPH VALENTE (NOT VITTALE)!:confused:

Whoops, your correct, had him mixed up with one of our western NY hitmen....

;-)

Mike

Hey there Raider! My DH and I are on the Glory departing Oct 27 also! See you there...we can't wait!

I think that Wee Jimmy is the least annoying cruise director so far.

His announcements are much lower key than the forced fakey brightness of last year.

He sells the stuff he has to sell yet he doesn't try to cram it down your throat.

He is very amusing on stage.

He jokingly had said something about bringing him back some chocolate from St Maarten and so they did. He called to thank them and then asked if they would mind if he introduced and poked some mild fun at them before the show.

• 1 month later...

I just got back from sailing on the Glory and i absolutely loved Wee Jimmy!! I've been on 2 other cruises before, one on carnival sensationand one on royal carribean. He is the only cruise director that stands out and i enjoyed him the most. I laughed everyday on the cruise from his morning and evening announcements to his corny jokes on stage. He was very amusing and entertaining. I would love to sail with him again. I would love to contact him personally like email or something to thank him for a wonderful cruise since i was unabke to do so before we left the ship. I do havesome histarical pics of him and one of him and i however my mouth was wide open because he was making me laugh again LOL

Wee Jimmy was at the deck party i think wed it was, he also hosted the newlywed game, i saw him a few times before the shows when he announced them. He was in the last show dressed up and looking silly. We did see him for the debarkation talk thrus or whenever it was which he made humorous of course. We personally didnt think Mark was all that good and couldn't see him as an actual cruise director. He wasn't entertaining and funny enough but he was ok. Thats just our opinion though, everyone likes different things and people. Overall the cruise was wonderful!

Wee Jimmy (Ralph) HAS RE-BOARDED the GLORY from vacation today - Saturday August 18th!!!:):)

We e-mail and talk frequently! I will see him in 2 weeks!! He is a VERY personable guy and you will enjoy him as a CD!!:cool:

I see you're pretty good friends with Ralph and that you email and talk to him alot. He was a wonderful cruise director and I was upset that i didn't get to see him one last time before we left the ship to personally thank him for making me laugh everyday and for being so wonderful and to get a picture with me. So since you contact him frequently is there an email address you can sed to me privately so i can personally thank Ralph myself?? I would love to contact him and send him my compliments. I know i can send him a letter through carnival but god knows when and if he would get it. Can you help me:)??!!

Archived