Holiday and kids--camp carnival

MSgirl&Luv2cruz

I've cruised the Holiday once but it was with my best friend and the last thing we noticed was if Camp Carnival was operating well!!! Now, I am hoping to take a Thanksgiving cruise with my husband & kids (5 yrs & 7 yrs). I have always heard GREAT things about Camp Carnival...so I was very surprised to read reviews specifically about the Holiday version of CC that were negative.

Do any of you have experience with CC on the Holiday??? My kids love to do "camp" stuff...love to meet new friends, etc... so I know they would want to be a part...but some reviews have said that they just kept them in one room and did very little...

Would LOVE to hear from anyone else about this...

THANKS!

Lisa

Our family of 5 went on the Holiday in June. We took our 7 yo gbb triplets. Our kids had a great time!!! Our cruise was for 4 days and they went to CC every day. This was especially nice for me and dh. I didnt do any of the late night CC offerings, since we didnt want to pay for 3 kids.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me. I also have the kids capers. tripletmom2000@hotmail.com

Kris

The more I read, the more I'm concerned about the age range of the 2 to 5 year old group... That's quite a jump when you consider that there would be kids in diapers and kids who are already in Kindergarten.

Do they allow for any "crossing over"--- Like if DD, who is 5 going on 15, wanted to stay with her brother (7) instead of going to a separate group?

I just am now concerned about how much fun she would have when counselors are having to stop and change diapers...

Thanks again!!

We just got back from our Holiday cruise a few minutes ago. ;) Our 7 year old enjoyed Camp Carnival but I did notice that each day a particular room was chosen that they did most of their activities in. I guess that's easier for them than having to uproot the kids and try to get them to different parts of the ship. One day was the Reflections Disco, another day the Playroom another day back to the disco and another was more at the Wharf Grill and up top playing mini golf. They didn't take them swimming or anything like that. I'm not sure what the younger group was doing but it seemed that they did have them all together at times. Once when I took my son up to the playroom they had the 2-5's w/ the 6-8 group but they were all playing together... no fussing and fighting, oddly. Some kids were lying on the floor playing hand held games (the 6-8 group) while the younger group was watching a movie. I wouldn't "worry" about it... I doubt your 5 yr old will get bored staying in that group. They rarely do any one thing for more than 30 mintues to an hour and she'll be with her brother some, too.

Archived