Dean traveling the Conquest itinerary

funnthesun

Just got off the Conquest this morning. We asked about where the ship was going and they were saying things like "not sure yet" and "it depends on the storm."

I totally agree with your post! You are so right!!!!

You hit the nail on the head. The only thing you are guaranteed is a spot on the ship! If more people read their paperwork, they would know what they paid for. :cool:

Sooooooo... you left out the most important part... how was the cruise???

that Montego Bay has had several rain bands pass through. The reporter, Mike Sidel, said that the winds were about 30 mph with a gust to 40.

Let's hope this is as bad as it gets in MoBay and, as always, please keep the folks feeling the true force of Dean in your thoughts and prayers.

That thing is a monster. It may not hit directly, but it's going to do major damage. I've been through these things and even those not in the direct eye get hit. (I've also been through a direct hit on a cat 4). Also, after a storm, there is no electricity and usually no water.

My throughts are with those in the path of this thing.

that Montego Bay has had several rain bands pass through. The reporter, Mike Sidel, said that the winds were about 30 mph with a gust to 40.

Let's hope this is as bad as it gets in MoBay and, as always, please keep the folks feeling the true force of Dean in your thoughts and prayers.

Don't forget to pray for those in OK who are getting the aftermath of Erin. Two people are dead there, and they only received tropical force winds. Numbers don't mean anything when you're the one affected.

That thing is a monster. It may not hit directly, but it's going to do major damage. I've been through these things and even those not in the direct eye get hit. (I've also been through a direct hit on a cat 4). Also, after a storm, there is no electricity and usually no water.

My throughts are with those in the path of this thing.

I agree with you. I don't think people who haven't lived through them understand that the eye isn't a pinpoint on a map.

I hope everyone in its path is safe. I also pray for those in OK.

When the Conquest docks at Montego Bay, misses Cayman, and still goes to Cozumel. Yeah...you read it...a change because Montego Bay will turn out to be safe to go to, but Caymans could be a different story.

Remember...Montego Bay is on the NORTHWEST side of Jamaica AND protected by the mountains. Very little storm surge and protected from the wind.

Now...Cayman Island is only 70 foot above sea level at its highest. With no protection, 20 foot storm surges could be very bad for it.

Cozumel is on the WEST coast of the Island...again protected from the strong storm surge. The storm appears to be going well south, so the winds will not be as strong.

I just hope the turtles are safe in Cayman.

Why would anyone want to cruise the Caribbean in August/September during Hurricane season? Yikes!!! I've cruised many times - always January thru April and its been gorgeous weather on the high seas everytime.

Cozumel is on the WEST coast of the Island...again protected from the strong storm surge. The storm appears to be going well south, so the winds will not be as strong.

I just hope the turtles are safe in Cayman.

What do you mean? Cozumel IS the island. How can it be on the west coast of itself? Do you mean the west coast of the peninsula?

Yes, it appears that Dean will go south of the island; that's great for Coz - not so good for Belize though.

What do you mean? Cozumel IS the island. How can it be on the west coast of itself? Do you mean the west coast of the peninsula?

Yes, it appears that Dean will go south of the island; that's great for Coz - not so good for Belize though.

He means San Miguel, the only town on the island. The piers and anchorages for the cruise ships are all on the west side of the island in the channel between Cozumel and the mainland. They will be protected from the worst of the storm surge.

He means San Miguel, the only town on the island. The piers and anchorages for the cruise ships are all on the west side of the island in the channel between Cozumel and the mainland. They will be protected from the worst of the storm surge.

I knew the Island was Cozumel...but I also thought the city was also Cozumel.

I have been there twice, and will go a third time in October.

I think the storm is going far enough south that Cozumel should be ok.

But..my other port on my October Cruise is Costa Maya...and that is NOT looking very promising. I should take a driect hit.

Maybe it's the number of ships that have arleady changed. With leaving from Galveston, there probably are fewer options due to time. Don't know how long the trip would be. I just hope the passengers have smooth waters and clear skies wherever they go. Silly that Carnival is still saying they are heading right into the storm when we all know that PROFIT is their #1 concern.

Fixed it for you! ;)

Just wanted to ask...

so far no changes in Conquest going on her way to cozumel???????

we have some friends on ship and have no heard from them....the last we heard they had dropped jamican and were planning on visiting other ports but they thought they might change and head towards bahamas...

i have not been able to find any updates so i'll ask here!!!!!!!!

Thanks...

Just wanted to ask...

so far no changes in Conquest going on her way to cozumel???????

we have some friends on ship and have no heard from them....the last we heard they had dropped jamican and were planning on visiting other ports but they thought they might change and head towards bahamas...

i have not been able to find any updates so i'll ask here!!!!!!!!

Thanks...

Expect the Conquest to make Cozumel as scheduled. Dean is holding a very solid southerly track that will have it making landfall in the vicinity of Belize. Good for Cozumel, bad for Belize.

Expect the Conquest to make Cozumel as scheduled. Dean is holding a very solid southerly track that will have it making landfall in the vicinity of Belize. Good for Cozumel, bad for Belize.

Thanks for getting back with me...i just hope the weather is nice and all are safe..on land and on ship...

Thanks for getting back with me...i just hope the weather is nice and all are safe..on land and on ship...

I just looked at the swell predictions for the next ten days and it appears as though they'll have nice ride. Forecast seas are less than five feet after Dean passes the Yucatan, probably tomorrow.

I leave this Sunday on the Conquest! Where do I find out where we are going? Are we still going to Jamaica? Help!!! I would like to research any new changes.

At http://www.carnival.com click on customer service at the bottom right. From there you will see a link to weather changes. If the Conquest makes an official itinerary change it will be posted there.

I doubt any pre-cruise will occur for the Conquest next week but it is possible you may miss a port once onboard. Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel dodged a massive bullet, they were very lucky. Sadly Costa Maya hasn't fared as well. :( I hope everyone there found shelter and is OK.

Archived