Cruise ship loners: my butler is going to get a workout....

PoseidonGodoftheSea

My DH and I are a real mix. Our stateroom is very important to both of us, just as a hotel room is. We both spend a fair amount of time there. DH spends more time than I do as I love the pools in the afternoons and he does not. We both love the private verandah. LOVE to sit and read and watch the sunsets, we sleep late so don't see the sunrise. It is the BEST thing about cruising - there is something for everyone!

We are news junkies so our TV is on a lot to the CNN (Communist News Network) would much rather have Fox News, but it is all we can get!

We are REALLY, REALLY hoping that during our 11/26-12/7 Constellation Cruise that they will have the Army-Navy Game. We already know that it is shown around the world, so it should not be hard for them to get it off of a satellite, if they want to. It is THE GAME OF THE YEAR for us.

You might get lucky on the Army-Navy game. They did show the NCAA semis/finals in basketball on some special ESPN channel. They didn't make any anouncements, we had to ask guest relations.

I laugh at things too. I laugh at the Karaoke contestants that had tee many martoonies as I walk by the lounge. I laugh at the seriousness on the faces of the bingo players who paid thousands of dollars to play a game found in almost any church basement. And just the thought of a hairy chest contest has me rolling on the floor!!

I know what you mean. I want every type of cruiser to have a great time, but... I venture out of my cabin sanctuary, enter a lounge, only to find I'm embroiled in an auction/game/meeting/contest (thankfully, no hairy chests in sight but other equally baffling contests). Immediate exit, stage left!

The cruise world is made up of all kinds of cruisers. I smile and laugh a lot - most people consider me friendly (strangers? Nope. Just friends you haven't met yet!) - I love playing games in my cabin, but I'm not the Karaoke singing (your gain, trust me!), Bingo playing, Cabaret attending type. Those who love the social whirl are welcome to laugh and shake their heads at me for spending $$$ to be a Cabin Rat, I find their choices equally amusing. Happily there's a place for all of us, and what the heck, I've never minded being laughed at...I'm probably laughing too!!!;)

Denise

PS - "Cabin Rat Pack"...makes us sound powerful...cool!;)

D.

99% of the time we have breakfast in our cabin and enjoy the blissful quietness of the sounds of the water moving off from the ship and the gentle winds while we sip coffee on our balcony dressed in our jammies. *sigh

OK, You are seriously making me want to take a cruise AWAY from my kids! I just took my first cruise and I am anxious to cruise again. This time, I want to enjoy a luxury cruise with just my dh.

My DH and I are a real mix. Our stateroom is very important to both of us, just as a hotel room is. We both spend a fair amount of time there. DH spends more time than I do as I love the pools in the afternoons and he does not. We both love the private verandah. LOVE to sit and read and watch the sunsets, we sleep late so don't see the sunrise. It is the BEST thing about cruising - there is something for everyone!

We are news junkies so our TV is on a lot to the CNN (Communist News Network) would much rather have Fox News, but it is all we can get!

We are REALLY, REALLY hoping that during our 11/26-12/7 Constellation Cruise that they will have the Army-Navy Game. We already know that it is shown around the world, so it should not be hard for them to get it off of a satellite, if they want to. It is THE GAME OF THE YEAR for us.

One of our delights on Silver Shadow [silverSea] last December was that we could watch Fox News. We enjoyed watching O'Reilly and Hannity, but not Colmes.

One of our delights on Silver Shadow [silverSea] last December was that we could watch Fox News. We enjoyed watching O'Reilly and Hannity, but not Colmes.

I knew there was a really good reason why we should sail SilverSea! Hannity :) Colmes :mad: O'Reilly :rolleyes:

Archived