Fantasy ???

Brute Bandit

The F Deck still said "adults only" when we were on the Fantasy in December; however, I believe that when the Evolutions of Fun changes take place, the F Deck will be used as the entry to some of the slides. That won't be until September, 2008 on the Fantasy, though.

Thanks for all your helpful info. I see you're sailing on the Fantasy pretty soon. Good Luck and Smooth Sailing to you. Let me know how your trip goes.

I'll be sure to post a review and any pertinent details as soon as we get back from our cruise. I wish we were leaving Monday, as the Fantasy is apparently going to KEY WEST next week and I'd love to go there since I've never been!

We just got off the ship on Thursday. I never got above Lido (I don't do pools or the sun) but hubby said there was an adult only pool on the level above Lido AFT.

We sailed on her in December 06, March 07 and last week. (We also sailed her back in 2003). Staff and food were all fine. They do have the mini golf. The F deck is officially not adult only any more. Hubby said the signs had been removed. Again I never went that direction.

Big Tex is her CD until January 2008. He is a really nice guy. The staff LOVE him....which says a lot. He is not as visible as some other CD's I know...but he does the Mardi Gras Pub Crawl and other events that interact with the passengers. Big Tex did a lot for our special needs son on this cruise to shield him from Funship Freddie.

Hennie (Social Host who should be ACD) is a hoot. LOVE HIM!!! He is from South Africa and a real cutie. Like most of the social and karaoke hosts we know, he is young enough to be my son, so I am his official "cruise Mom".

Hubby had the "honor" of having the most Carnival cruises on this run. (He is ahead of me by a few.) They did a "count" down at the Past Cruisers Party.

There were only 10 Platinum on this cruise. (4 of which were us) There were a TON of first timers. I have never seen so many first time Sail and Sign cards.

The food was good. Service in the dining room was wonderful. Ariel and Ida did a great job. Our cabin steward was not the best we have ever had, but he was ok. I obviously love Carnival, but this ship is getting to the stage where it needs to be dry docked. Sadly, it is not due to anything but ignorant passengers. We had 2 elevators in the back have the panel above the door (that lists the floors and what is located there) busted out with some drunk's fist. (There was blood on the back wall of the elevator so I hope he had to have stitches.) It is looking a little tired. And the abuse it takes from morons does not help. I am not one to nicpick every spot or stain and it certainly did not affect my cruise in any way. But it is just a reality that there are some areas that need some "help".

One elevator in the back does not work at all. The one next to it get's stuck a lot. ( We got stuck in it 3 times in one afternoon) The other two are very slow. But these are things that will be addressed in the dry dock.

One word of warning, the dance floor in The Forum Lounge is dangerously slick. They even had a yellow warning (like the wet floor sign) out in the middle of it the entire cruise. There was no water...it is just slick. This is where they have karaoke.

Nicky (Nicole) did a great job as karaoke host. We did not have but one bad drunk (young kid having his first beer) and she handled him like a pro!!

Milby in the piano bar is very nice. Leslie and Brock were two more Social Hosts that I meet. They had great personalities. There was one more Social Host that I never had any interaction with.

Tara Club O2 director is the best we have ever had.

So overall, I would say you are in for a treat!!!

aThere were only 10 Platinum on this cruise. (4 of which were us) There were a TON of first timers. I have never seen so many first time Sail and Sign cards.

So was the past guest party not terribly packed? Was it in the Universe Lounge? Last time I only got ONE drink the entire 45 minutes, it seemed like the entire ship was packed into the show lounge and there weren't enough servers and drinks to go around.

So was the past guest party not terribly packed? Was it in the Universe Lounge? Last time I only got ONE drink the entire 45 minutes, it seemed like the entire ship was packed into the show lounge and there weren't enough servers and drinks to go around.

No it wasn't crowded at all. In fact, we usually only get one drink and they came around FOUR times. It was in the Universe Lounge. And I would say 3/4 of the bottom was full (maybe less).

Archived