Current concierges?

fflady

We were on the Indy TA and Gershwin was the concierge in the suite lounge and Ricardo was in the Diamond lounge. We are platinum and were in a suite, so we really only had contact with Gershwin. This was Gershwin's first cruise after vacation. I vaguely remember him saying that his contract was until April, but don't quote me. We did meet Ricardo on boarding day but that was the only time because of our status.

I have to say that Gershwin was wonderful. He helped us with a few issues that should have been handled by our room steward and when an obnoxious woman would not honor our concierge lounge cards as the ice show ticket. He quickly learned who his guests were and greeted them formally i.e. Mr. and Mrs. and last name. He took the time to visit with many or if he was busy, "How was your day?"

We had early seating so we were in the lounge when it opened. It was not as busy then as it was later when then the second seating diners were using the lounge. Gershwin is not one to sit and let the bartender do all the work. He was running around visiting, making drinks, getting coffee and cleaning up.

Gershwin is always smiling, laughing and willing to help. He follows through to make sure things are completed and his guests are happy with the result. We saw him so often we wondered when he fit in his time off.

We really enjoyed our time with him and hope to travel with him in the future.

We can't say anything "good" about Gershwin... so won't say anything... that said Columella was super!!!! She was wonderful... there were a large number qualified for the Diamond lounge yet she made a point of talking to everyone who came in to the (satellite) lounge... and she took care of something that Gershwin just couldn't seem to handle...

We can't say anything "good" about Gershwin... so won't say anything... that said Columella was super!!!! She was wonderful... there were a large number qualified for the Diamond lounge yet she made a point of talking to everyone who came in to the (satellite) lounge... and she took care of something that Gershwin just couldn't seem to handle...

Thanks for posting about Columella -- that's just what I wanted to hear.

She sure must have pulled up her socks since we were on in November. We found her to be the worse and most unhelpful concierge we've ever had.

She sure must have pulled up her socks since we were on in November. We found her to be the worse and most unhelpful concierge we've ever had.

Isn't it interesting.... that was exactly how we felt about Gershwin... guess maybe its just the "full moon" or some "cycle" ... us or them;):D

Does anyone know about Martin Sanchez on the Voyager? We will be sailing on the 4th of January.

Thanks!

Barb

I sailed with him Dec 08 TA. I have not experienced many concierges--3 to be exact, so my experience is limited. of the 3, he is 3rd. I am sure that there are other people that think more highly of him. He was friendly, when you approached him. we were not in his favorite list. we watched him go around only to certain groups night after night after night. he did not work the room. granted, there were a lot of folks in the CL, they had an overflow lounge, HOWEVER, that said, on my 3rd use of a CL, the concierge talked to everyone almost everynight & we had more in the CL.

On the Voyager, We talked about how we thought we couldn't do anything for Martin, soooooo we were nobodies to him. He did get some cookies for me in our cabin as we were the last cabin in the cabin crawl.

Oh & he was the only of the 3 that did not e-mail us ahead of time--for whatever that is worth.

I am not sure if he will still be on when we go i n March. It should be interesting to see how he is to us since we will be in a grand suite then. I am hoping it won't matter, but I am betting it will:rolleyes::(

We are sailing this Sunday. Just got a form letter, "Dear Guest" form letter via E-mail. Standard stuff, what the CL lounge can do for you.

It was signed by Robert Madouche, Concierge.

Anyone ever hear of him?:confused:

I guess since Dee Dee is out for awhile, he'll be taking over.

As of today August 18, 2007

ENCHANTMENT of the SEAS - Julian Querico

Let the rumors END now.

Just back from the EN repositioning Panama cruise

Luther and wife are on vacation and they don't expect him to return to the EN

Gongsalo Torres is there till March one. A nice young man

We just got back from a B2B on the Voyager, the last Med cruise and the TA.

I can't say enough about Martin. He was wonderful.

He made a point to say hi to everyone and mingle with groups. We had over 90 Diamonds/+ on the Med cruise and almost 400 on the TA. We did move to Cleopatra's Needle for the TA. Martin was there working and mingling every night. Needles to say, he was very busy with the huge numbers of Diamonds/+ in the lounge each night, but did take the time to mingle and talk with almost everyone in the room. I never saw him cater to certain groups. He was there for everyone.

We used his services several times and he always knew our names and our cabin number ! As the previous poster stated about not being able to do anything for him, I don't think we could either, but he was always there with a smile and willing to do anything to help us. I think he was wonderful and think that anyone sailing on the Voyager will be lucky to have him as a Concierge.

I still can't get over the fact that with almost 400 Diamonds/+, he knew most people's names and their cabin numbers.

Joyce

ALL INFO HERE IS PROVIDED BY MEMBERS OF CC. :D

Below you will find RCCLs complete fleet (21 ships) in alphabetical order.

The lightened text are the ships without CLs.

The text you can easily read are the ships which have the lounge as well as who is currently taking care of it.

Where there is more than one person listed those are who fill-in when vacation comes into play. If their name is underlined they are believed to be currently active.

You can contact them at xx_concierge@rccl. com, just replace xx with the two initials in front of the ships name on the list. (remove space at .com)

1. AD Adventure of the Seas - Duygu Tanel (DeDe)/Robert Madouche- Carmen

2. BR Brilliance of the Seas - Katherine Valenzuela (barkeeps Angela & Milan)

3. EN Enchantment of the Seas - Julian Querico (on holiday with Precious ;) )/ Gonzalo Alfaro of Guest Serv.

4. EX Explorer of the Seas - Ricardo Ugalde (Barkeep Tomas)

5. FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge) - François Roux/Willie Salaya (on holiday as of 9/28)

________________________(Diamond) - Willie (until 01/29/09)/Carmeliza Colina/Amit Chattopadhyay

________________________[Waiter, Melvin Gomez]

6. -- Grandeur of the Seas - none

7. ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge) - Karen/Gershwin/Columella Arandia

____________________________ (Diamond) - Ricardo Mock

8. JW Jewel of the Seas - Nedere Reid (6 wk holiday 11/28->)/ Alexandria (barkeep Teodore)

9. LG Legend of the Seas - Diego Tripaldi (on holiday May 2008 then moving to SR)

10. LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge) - Anthea Helmsing / Pretty Sahmu / Mario

________________________(Diamond) -Mario Adonis Reyes

11. -- Majesty of the Seas (MJ) - none

12. MA Mariner of the Seas - Fernando Ugalde/Allen Fajardo (on holiday until 12/14) (barman Augusto, Aubrey, Jupiter wkly rotation) [auxillary Joycelyn, Sheldon]

13. -- Monarch of the Seas (MN) - none

14. NV Navigator of the Seas – Carlos Marasigan (on holiday until DEC)/Carlos Javier Ortiz (barman Allen and Michael Solomon)

15. OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge) - ??

____________________ (Diamond) - ??

16. RD Radiance of the Seas- Reyno Varkevisser (on GR desk)/Juan Diego Miranda-Allen

17. -- Rhapsody of the Seas (RH) - none

18. SR Serenade of the Seas - Rahul Barua/ Kenneth Boodoo (will cover for Rahul for his upcoming holiday)

19. SP Splendour of the Seas – Kelly

20. -- Vision of the Seas (VI) - none

21. VY Voyager of the Seas - Martin Sanchez (back 11/22/08) / Cara Brown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outstanding Concierges who are now (rumored) leaving RCCL

MARITZA (SR) MOOLAN -CONFIRMED & GONE

RICKY (EX) 08/23/2009

CARLOS (NV)

:(

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Giovanna[holiday-April then moves to MA in JUNE]

/Kenneth Boodoo (Mid April 2009)