Please help me with flippers

barante

It is all personal preference. The difference as I see them below.

Split fins - Good if you get cramps in your legs/calves easily. Good propulsion. Not as much control (minor difference) as blade style. My recommendations are Atomic Split Fins, Tusa Expert Zoom or Apollo Bio-Fins. The Apollo Bio fins are made of rubber and are the most flexible of the three. I dive with the Atomics and love them.

Blade style - Better control and about the same propulsion values. My recommendations on these are Mares Volo or the Tusa Imprex.

Hope this helps.

I am currently diving with my Tusa Xpert Zoom's and love them. Simply stated, I don't have to exert as much energy using the split fin as I did with my Blade Style Tusa's.

Are you a diver or snorkler?

If you are a snorkler, then I don't see the point of spending the $$$'s on split fins. I would recommend that you go to a local dive shop to purchase your fins. It's always nice to try them on first. If the shop has a pool, then test them out.

If you are a diver, then it's simply personal preference.

I agree with Red. If you are a diver, go through your shop. They will be very helpful and should let you try them out if they have a pool. My dive shop will let me return them for a full refund if I buy anything and do not like it. Not all dive shops are created equal though.

If you are a snorkeler, I would go through an online retailer like http://www.leisurepro.com/ or http://scubatoys.com/. The deals are usually pretty good at these places and they are reliable.

That said, if you are a diver, I would support your LDS (local dive shop). I personally don't shop for major things at the internet sites for two reasons. The first is that I want to make sure that my LDS stays in business as they are an invaluable resource for information that an internet supplier can't provide. Also, most of the online guys don't carry the same mfg. warranty. The two links above do carry the same or their version that matches mfg warrenty.

I hope this helps.

I am currently diving with my Tusa Xpert Zoom's and love them. Simply stated, I don't have to exert as much energy using the split fin as I did with my Blade Style Tusa's.

Are you a diver or snorkler?

If you are a snorkler, then I don't see the point of spending the $$$'s on split fins. I would recommend that you go to a local dive shop to purchase your fins. It's always nice to try them on first. If the shop has a pool, then test them out.

If you are a diver, then it's simply personal preference.

I have TUSA Zoom's as well and love them. My gf dives with the Atomic Splits and raves about them. I agree if you can try before you buy, that will allow you to find out what style of fin you like the best.

Archived