celebrity horizon out of Norfolk

island57

Greetings from another Charlottean. I just booked the Horizon for the October 9 Bermuda trip. We were on the Constellation for the 14-day Scandinavian tour on July 31 (which was an amazing cruise) and hadn't planned on another trip until next summer, but my wife called today to say she could get a week off in October, and by coincidence (or fate) a few minutes later, I got an e-mail from Online Vacations Center offering an ocean-view cabin for the 8-day Bermuda cruise for $599. It seemed like a sign, so I booked it an hour or two ago. Since we're Captain's Club members, we should also get an upgrade. We've never been on the Horizon, but the people who have sailed it, seem to have a lot of affection for the ship and staff. This will be our 9th cruise (NCL 1x, RCCL 4x, SeaDream [the former Seabourn Sea Goddess] 1x and 3rd on Celebrity) and so far we like Celebrity the best. I would guess that there are so many North Carolinians on this thread because it's one of the few cruises where we can even consider driving to the port. Charleston was a possibility for a couple of years with the Galaxy leaving from there, but I don't think it does it anymore and it's mostly Carnival and NCL out of Charleston now. I'm already excited about the trip to Bermuda on October 9. Will the weather still be nice at that time of year? On our Constellation trip, I won Bingo three times, so I hope I'm still on a roll.

Allen

Archived