Embarkation Day

newlywederin

Hi everyone!

I've been reading here at CC for awhile, but this is my first post.

My husband and I are on the Carnival Triumph leaving this Saturday (Aug. 25) out of Miami for our Honeymoon. Neither of us has ever sailed before, so these forums have been great! I've gotten all kinds of awesome tips (which, of course, I've shared with him).

I'm wondering if someone could tell me about Embarkation Day in terms of the procedure. We're flying into Miami on Friday night and staying at a hotel (seemed like a smart idea, plus neither of us has ever been to Miami before). I was wondering what time we should get to the cruise terminal. The documents say not to arrive more than 30 minutes before your scheduled check-in time...but I can't seem to find the check-in time anywhere! The ship departs at 4:00, but I know we're supposed to get on board quite a bit earlier, right?

At any rate--any advice you can offer would be much appreciated!

We usually get to the terminal between 10:30 and 11:00. We have always been on the ship before noon and enjoying our first drink and lunch on the Lido. The earlier you get there the more time on the ship! have a great trip, the Triumph is a great ship.

We usually arrive around 11 or so. Never sailed out of Miami though. Pretty painless, depends on if you are early risers or not, some folks say to arrive at 2:30 and you just walk on, but we like to get aboard early and start vacation. Welcome to CC!!!

Welcome to cruise critic and congratulations on your pending nuptials!

We like to arrive at the pier at around 11:00 am. The terminal in Miami is usually allowing the new passengers to check-in by this time. Take a cab to the pier. Drop off your checked luggage with the porters. Enter the terminal, go through security and follow the line to the next available agent. They will examine your ID, take your boarding pass and ship board account information etc. Next you will be directed upstairs via escalator to receive your S&S cards. Here you will wait until boarding begins which is usually by noon. You will have your picture taken twice and find yourself onboard!

Head up to the Lido deck for some lunch and after eating head for your cabin which should be ready for you by 1:30. Drop off your carry-on and go explore the ship!

If you have booked a cat.11 or 12 suite you can use the VIP check-in line. Just ask where to go after you pass through security.

We like to get to the terminal around 10:30 or 11 and are usually on board by 11:30 or 12 depending on how quickly the previous passengers complete disembarkation. If you get there a little earlier, the lines will be shorter but after checking in you may have a long wait before boarding. We loved sailing on the Triumph. The Cafe sells mega-hunks of 7-layer chocolate-chocolate cake for $2 and it is to die for. One piece serves 2 easily. The deli sandwiches are excellent as well. Enjoy. Bon Voyage!

We also like to get to the terminal around 11am and get our vacation started!

You'll check your bags outside the terminal and then wait on a couple of lines inside to check-in, get your picture taken and pick up your S & S cards. Be sure that you have all of your paperwork filled out before you enter the terminal. You'll have some documents inside your tickets that need to be filled out including your credit card info for you S & S card. There might even be a Customs Declaration form that you need to have filled in if you're going to certain islands.

Once on board you probably won't be able to get to your stateroom until 2:00 -ish. So head on up to the Lido deck and eat lunch, get a drink and relax.

Hope you have a great time!

Thank you all so much!

I really love these boards because you can get answers from folks with real-life experience, which is much more useful than just reading the info Carnival gives you!

We've got our paperwork all filled out and I'm looking forward to lunch on the Lido Deck with a drink and my new husband!

Thanks again!

Archived