Adventure Ocean Age Guidelines

We will be taking our 1st cruise in February on Enchantment of the Seas. My boys are ages, 8, 10 and 14. Are the age guidelines 6-8, etc.. strictly enforced. My youngest will be just a couple of months from being 9 and I think would enjoy the 9-11 group more and would also be more comfortable with his brother with him. Will RCI allow him in the next group with his brother or are age guidelines strictly enforced????:confused:

they are somewhat strict, I think otherwise they would probably lose control of who is where. You can check when you register them the first night, if they can put him in the other room with his brother given the 2 months. With my son who is 5 1/2, I thought he would enjoy the 6-8 room better than the 3-5 as the games and toys looked more childish than what he was used to playing with at home and they said they would monitor him for a day or two and if it looked like he was bored they would consider moving him. He never did move though as he had a ball in the room he was in.

Don't know if this was helpful but Good luck.

Speak with the manager of AO and ask (nicely). If the numbers of kids they have in each group allow it, in most cases they will allow it. They may say "yes - provisionally" with the provision that they observe the child and decide whether or not to let him stay in the older group. Or they may say he'll need to be with his own group for a session so that they can observe him and then make their decision. If you have a hard-nosed staff or if they have a lot of kids on board, they may just say no. There are no "rules" - it is up to the AO staff.

Prepare your son for all possible answers - particuarly if they want him to stay in his age group, let him know that he'd best be on his best behavior if he wants a chance to move up.

Archived