Princess Blacklisted by MSNBC columnist

Drew358

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannon fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

Or "if you haven't tried it - don't knock it."

Face it, it's MSNBC,

Actually, he is saying what we hear alot (and many of us agree with). Customer service. by and large stinks.

The cruise experience is great- but for those who have a legitmate problemm getting it adequately addressed is like rubbing glass in your eyes.

There was nothing derogatory about the ships, staff, food, safetly, maintenance. boarding, etc.

Thanks for sharing the article. We have had only one "reportable" problem on 1 of our 5 sailings with Princess (the Emerald Princess on it's second sailing). We got a letter on ship documenting the lack of hot water (sometimes warm) they couldnt fix, We wrote Princess attaching the shipboard letter and got a response within two weeks. Princess gave us a $700 per person credit which we are using on our January 2008 cruise. So our personal experience is positive, however, poor customer service is something that happens with all businesses, including cruiselines.

This is validation that my complaints were not nit-picky. Princess responded by letter which addressed each issue, what they found, what they were going to do about it, and gave us a credit toward our next cruise. When we booked they upgraded us from an outside to a balcony. I thought there customer service was slow but the results exceeded my expectations.

"I’ve found that cruise complaints tend to be among the most frivolous — long laundry lists of nitpicky items that don’t always rise to the level of legitimacy."

Not worhe the time to print it or read it. Where was the journalism, the reporting? There was none.

"I’ve found that cruise complaints tend to be among the most frivolous — long laundry lists of nitpicky items that don’t always rise to the level of legitimacy."

Not worhe the time to print it or read it. Where was the journalism, the reporting? There was none.

I hate o say it, but I kind of agree with what the complaints are for - poor customer service reponse to problems. I love Princess, but complaints DO fall on deaf ears with Princess.

I also had slight issues with the Service Desk on the Crown - it seemed they were oblivious to problems. Would that stop me from sailing again? No. The rest of the employees were great, but that service desk - that was another story.

And if clients do have an issue on a cruise, of all the cruise lines, Princess does give the worst response - we always have to follow up if there is an issue we get involved with.

And if clients do have an issue on a cruise, of all the cruise lines, Princess does give the worst response - we always have to follow up if there is an issue we get involved with.
I see the same complaint posted occasionally for all cruise lines. You're right, though, this is an area for improvement. It's not so serious that it would Princess on a blacklist.

I thought he was a comedian, son of Bob Elliot of Bob and Ray. Mad a lot of funny commercials.

There are some things Princess could do better but there are a lot most lines could improve. My 2 Princess complaints are the lousy coffee and the small veranda cabins. They are about 5 feet shorter than other ships like HAL and X and even Carnival. You have to book a mini suite to get the same space as the other ships.

I would think NCL would have gotten more complaints.

Wow, your reporting was just as strong as his.

WHY do you think NCL? NCL now puts on as good a show or better than any other cruiseline.

Don't judge on legacy, judge on the present...and they have just as many loyal & happy customers as Princess....and THEY don't all stay at Days Inn, use US Air, OR Thrifty..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow, your reporting was just as strong as his.

WHY do you think NCL? NCL now puts on as good a show or better than any other cruiseline.

Don't judge on legacy, judge on the present...and they have just as many loyal & happy customers as Princess....and THEY don't all stay at Days Inn, use US Air, OR Thrifty..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Previous personal experiences.

i cant believe this author would say that Princess wrongfully denied them passage. when you get to the facts, Princess was not only well within their rights in the cruise contract, but acted in the best interests of all cruise passengers. the passenger lied on their boarding form! yes i'm sure a lot of people do, but it was prudent of the princess staff member at the airport who noticed the passenger was ill to report it. Princess went well beyond what they had to do in offering repayment for the extra cost to board at Belize. This was good customer service. The reporter should have stressed the value in travel insurance. i agree with the advice to take any article or review with the appropriate size grain of sodium chloride and to preferably have that grain of salt with a margarita!! now THERE is some good advice! to boot, the msnbc author's article is backed up with only this one instance, faulty as that was.

If you used that as a measure of how to get your news, you'd never get any at all. Journalism as we knew it is dead. No more digging for the truth of the matter. It's all fabrication and exploitation now. If the news doesn't happen, then create it. :(

There was a link to another article written last year about a couple denied boarding on Grand Princess... I think most posters only read the first article and didn't click through to the real story...

here's the link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14125368/

It really was just stupid misfortune that someone saw the woman in the airport- what are the chances! :mad:

If I got airsick/seasick I'd be IRATE if they did this to me... but, what can ya do.... :confused:

Companies in the travel industry hate negative press, especially in the traditional media. This will hopefully rattle some cages at the corporate level. It's not a bad thing for companies to hear these complaints made public.

May improve the customer service from head office and give them a wake up:D

The mainstream media is a joke. They don't investigate, just regeritate other opinions. My 10 year old daughter could write better than those clowns.

About 10 years ago, NBC news in Chicago did a report on the 10pm news about which lipstick had the most staying power. Swear to goodness, it's the truth. Please. There's actual news in Chicago every single day -- enough to fill a 30 minute broadcast at 10 pm, that's for sure.

I decided that night I had to find a new source for news. Shortly after that, they invited Jerry Springer to participate in the evening news broadcast, and the news department imploded.

The trend of reporting semi-interesting tidbits and pseudo-information over actual news is very well entrenched at NBC. I don't know your daughter, but I agree with you. :)

I hate o say it, but I kind of agree with what the complaints are for - poor customer service reponse to problems. I love Princess, but complaints DO fall on deaf ears with Princess
I listen to every single complaint that is posted here.

I'm not sure I walked away from that article any more educated than before I read it. I agree with the slide in overall customer service. It makes you appreciate those rare instances when someone does something nice that much more... but should it be that way? It's like I'm surprised every time someone holds a door for me, or when I hold a door for someone and it seems to make their day... :)

Archived