Art Auction Purchase

Golspie

Hi,

On a Norwegian Jewel cruise in May my husband bought two paintaings amounting to almost $3000US. They were paid for when he settled our shipboard account on 19 May and were to be shipped to us in Australia. When they didn't arrive we contacted the company that is responsible for the art auctions on the Jewel. They tell us that they have the paperwork relating to the sale but are in dispute with NCL as they haven't been paid. Our credit card card providers tell us to pursue it with NCL but it is well nigh impossible to do so from Australia as previous experience has proved that NCL ignores all emails. We'd really welcome advice from anyone who has had a similar experience and can suggest a course of action. It is so difficult to try to sort this out long distance.

I suggest you go back to your credit card company again and tell them that whoever you purchased the art from is not being cooperative and you want the charge DISPUTED. I work for a financial services firm and we have had clients to do this before ... there is a way to do an official dispute where both you and the vendor on the other end receive forms and must respond to the credit card company. It's been my experience that the major card company that begins with "V" will give you provisional credit until the problem is resolved.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your advice. We will now take it up again with Amex and Mastercard. When we contacted them earlier they told us it was our responsibility to take it up with NCL. It is really helpful to know what to say to press the right buttons. Thanks again

I called The Fine Art of Cruising in Miami yesterday (from the UK) to enquire why wehadn't received our artwork from the Norwegian Dream in June.

They told me that their contract with NCL was terminated yesterday and we should contact NCL for a refund (they emailed me to confirm that).

I called NCL in London this morning and they asked me to email them with a copy of our onboard account statement showing the art purchase.

Their email address in the UK is ukguestrelations@ncl.com

They were quite helpful on the phone. It might be worth an email to them even though you are in Australia.

Archived