Silly, stupid soap question

alli

Hey,

Someone help me. Went on Fascination ladt week and fell in love with the small bar of facial soap was that a 'sample' by the sink.

Call me crazy. I took the leftover home.

The soap is a small green bar and came in cardboard packaging. I didn't look at the name of the stuff, cause, hell, one soap is just like another. I know it's sea kelp something, but what to know the maker's so I can look for it or order online. The stuff has proven to be great for my 'combo' skin.

Can anyone help me out???

Hey,

Someone help me. Went on Fascination ladt week and fell in love with the small bar of facial soap was that a 'sample' by the sink.

The soap is a small green bar and came in cardboard packaging. I didn't look at the name of the stuff, cause, hell, one soap is just like another. I know it's sea kelp something, but what to know the maker's so I can look for it or order online. The stuff has proven to be great for my 'combo' skin.

Alli

Obviously Wasiii is not female or just has perfect skin. Some people just don't understand what we lovely ladies go through to find the perfect products and when we do we stick with them. I would have done the same thing. Sorry, I sure wish I could help you out. Unfortunately, my next cruise isn't until April. Happy Soap Hunting...

Hey,

Just of the Valor 8/5/07 and I love the soap too I took the box with me the one I have is green I am sure it the the same

It is called ProTerra Marine Cleansing bar with sea kelp make by Marietta in Cortland NY checking for a website. Hope that helps

Auromane

Hey,

Good news, here is the website. Bad news, there are 200 bars to a carton.

http://www.mariettacorp.com/stockus_proterra.html

Dave

Thanks guys!!! I'll be looking into the link posted and also the name of the soap that was provided.

As for the first poster who replied to me:Wasii, you're one of the reasons that after seven years of being on these boards and nearly 20 cruises, I avoid posting here. These boards have become nasty, nasty, nasty.

Again, thanks to those who answered me with some help!!

My best friend fell in love with some soap that she used in a raddison a few years ago, she used it to the very last wafer. I called the hotel and they gave me the name, and I got her some for her birthday, you would think I had given her a winning lottery ticket!:D

I understand, when you find something that works for you, and really like it, stick with it.

MAC

Thanks guys!!! I'll be looking into the link posted and also the name of the soap that was provided.

As for the first poster who replied to me:Wasii, you're one of the reasons that after seven years of being on these boards and nearly 20 cruises, I avoid posting here. These boards have become nasty, nasty, nasty.

Again, thanks to those who answered me with some help!!

You are welcome. It took just a few seconds to find the link. Dont let some of these folks get to you. I understand your frustration on how folks can be so mean to others when the time could easily be spent being helpful.

Dave

Glad you found your soap link. I was going to offer to mail you the one I brought home and is still sitting in a basket in my guest bathroom if you couldn't find it.

For those of you who don't bring home unused "sample size" products in hotels, cruises, what a waste!!!

My husband travels about 100 nights a year for work and I travel about 50 nights a year for work/pleasure. (at upscale hotels with very nice bath products) We always put the samples in our suitcase each day to bring home.

I put a small assortment in a basket for guests to dig through if they forgot something, or for people staying over that didn't plan to do so.

The rest I use to make small "gifts" for our local battered women's shelter. I buy new washcloths by the dozen at Costco and some pretty matching fabric ribbon. I put shampoo, conditioner, body wash or bath bar, facial soap in the washcloth and tie up with the ribbon. If you've ever had to leave your home with no notice and stay at a strange place, having some good quality "nicer" bath items is a comfort, along with a nice NEW washcloth.

Glad you found your soap link. I was going to offer to mail you the one I brought home and is still sitting in a basket in my guest bathroom if you couldn't find it.

For those of you who don't bring home unused "sample size" products in hotels, cruises, what a waste!!!

My husband travels about 100 nights a year for work and I travel about 50 nights a year for work/pleasure. (at upscale hotels with very nice bath products) We always put the samples in our suitcase each day to bring home.

I put a small assortment in a basket for guests to dig through if they forgot something, or for people staying over that didn't plan to do so.

The rest I use to make small "gifts" for our local battered women's shelter. I buy new washcloths by the dozen at Costco and some pretty matching fabric ribbon. I put shampoo, conditioner, body wash or bath bar, facial soap in the washcloth and tie up with the ribbon. If you've ever had to leave your home with no notice and stay at a strange place, having some good quality "nicer" bath items is a comfort, along with a nice NEW washcloth.

I do that too, they only ones I save for me is when I am fortunate enough to stay at a very good Four Seasons Hotel in New York once a year, they have a french make of soap and stuff its very nice. The others I leave in my spare bathroom or give to friends.:)

thats a nice thing you do =)

i LOVEEE the soap as well!!!!=== BUT i found the most amazing body wash ever....

its by pure & basic... all natural ingrediaants... Wild bananna and berry...

What a kind thing to do, you are definitely earning some karma points there! I am sure it brings these women comfort to know someone cares.

MAC

Flowermom, What an excellent idea! I have a medium size Victoria's Secret bag full of these and my DH is always asking me what I'm going to do with them...now I have a plan!!! yay! Thank you!:p

Archived