Ever stayed at the hotel in Miami?

travgurl

Has anyone ever stayed at the Brickell Avenue Inn in Miami? If so, opinions!

Yes, I think its really a hampton inn if I remember correctly. They allow pets here and I was not impressed with the cleaning of the room and hotel or the condition.Everything seemed to have some rusting to it,sort of like anything near the sea.This was in November 2006.

I'm looking for a place to stay. I arrive in Miami Friday night and the cruise does not depart until Saturday. I don't need anything fancy just a place that is somewhat close to the South Beach night life and close to the airport. Transportation costs, etc. are all important to the hotel from the airport, hotel to South Beach and then hotel to pier. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking for a place to stay. I arrive in Miami Friday night and the cruise does not depart until Saturday. I don't need anything fancy just a place that is somewhat close to the South Beach night life and close to the airport. Transportation costs, etc. are all important to the hotel from the airport, hotel to South Beach and then hotel to pier. Any help would be appreciated.

You could spend $25 each way to each.South beach hotels are expensive as well as downtown hotels.You need to rent a car at the airport and when you return the car they will give you a free shuttle to the ship.

If I were you, I would do Priceline - state the price you want to pay and see if you get it. I have heard people getting hotels for $40-50/night. Most of the hotels Priceline is contracted with in Miami are pretty good. You can choose one near the port (or downtown) - i live in Miami, ask if you have any questions. The ones near the port also offer free shuttles. If not, a cab ride is about $10.

the holiday inn international miami isn't fancy by any means - the recent makeover was very nice but they offer a FREE shuttle from the airport to the hotel and a FREE shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. They also offer dinner FREE for all kids under 10 in the rooftop diner (fun for kids). We are staying there this Sun before we board Mon - it was $89.

the holiday inn international miami isn't fancy by any means - the recent makeover was very nice but they offer a FREE shuttle from the airport to the hotel and a FREE shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. They also offer dinner FREE for all kids under 10 in the rooftop diner (fun for kids). We are staying there this Sun before we board Mon - it was $89.

That's good to know. I was looking for a Holiday Inn for our January cruise (we use free points). This just might be the ticket!! We don't need fancy.

We are staying one night in Orlando and going to Miami the night before the cruise. I did Priceline for Orlando and got a great deal and a great hotel. We did Hotels.com for Miami since I wasn't getting anywhere with Priceline and got the Mercury hotel in South beach.

The Mercury is supposed to be 3 plus stars and all I can find is bad reviews. I will be really upset if it is as bad as I am reading!

Anyone stayed there?

burnsie

I just booked the Radisson in downtown Miami for $50 plus tax on priceline AND hotwire (2 separate dates). It's listed as a 3* downtown hotel (normally booked for $249 plus tax on their official website). There are not free shuttles, but transportation via taxi is a flat fee from the airport, about $10 to the port, and about $10-12 to southbeach. I would also recommend checking out the East Coast Departures board; they have a list of winning bids from priceline and hotwire... that would give you an idea of what people are paying for specific hotels on those sites.

We are staying one night in Orlando and going to Miami the night before the cruise. I did Priceline for Orlando and got a great deal and a great hotel. We did Hotels.com for Miami since I wasn't getting anywhere with Priceline and got the Mercury hotel in South beach.

The Mercury is supposed to be 3 plus stars and all I can find is bad reviews. I will be really upset if it is as bad as I am reading!

Anyone stayed there?

burnsie

Hi, I am very familiar with the Mercury. I am a realtor in South Beach and actually have quite a few units for sale in there. It is a condo/hotel where each room is individually owned. Anyways, the biggest complain is that there is a nightclub next door and it can get loud at night. Be sure to request a room on the "QUIET SIDE" when you check in. In fact, request unit #200 - it has been recently renovated and is very nice. They will accomodate you. I personally love the hotel, its a old 1930's renovation modern style. Each room as a full kitchenette and baths come with Jacuzzi Tubs. There are no views, but it has a pool/jacuzzi and is located just a block from the ocean and in our "South of Fifth" location, which is highly desirable real estate wise. For the price, its a great hotel. They also have a great sushi restaraunt downstairs and BIG PINK, a huge local favorite- they have it all right across the street. Let me know if you have any questions.

Archived