parking at NYC piers

3RDTIMESACHARM!

Hey gang,

I am sailing out of NY in a mere 19 days!! I have gotten parking info from my cruise advisor about parking in NY, and I have called the number repeatedly, but cant seem to get a human being no matter what i do.

Has anyone parked here recently? Is it close to the ship? Is it safe? Is there a concern of it being full?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hey gang,

I am sailing out of NY in a mere 19 days!! I have gotten parking info from my cruise advisor about parking in NY, and I have called the number repeatedly, but cant seem to get a human being no matter what i do.

Has anyone parked here recently? Is it close to the ship? Is it safe? Is there a concern of it being full?

Thanks!!

YES YES YES

the parking lot is right there adjacent

there is an elevator in the terminal to the parking lot

SO worth the 24$ day /$180 week

BUT you have to pay upfront!!

I have a link let me go get it

Hey gang,

Thanks!!

http://www.nycruise.com/parkNYC.html

Parking

MANHATTAN CRUISE TERMINAL

dots.gif

Parking is conveniently located above each of the piers. Drive up the Viaduct Ramp at 55th Street to the receiving area adjacent to their cruise vessel's berth.

Parking Rates

• Daily rate (up to 10 hours) for drop offs/visitors
    $22.00
  • Cruise parking (multi-day passengers)
    $24.00 per night
  • Overnight rate (per 24 hours)
    $25.00
  • Cruises up to 7 nights
    $24.00 per night
  • Cruises from 8 to 12 nights
    $180.00
  • Rates repeat after 12 nights

Please Note:

Taxes are included in the rates. Payment accepted in cash, visa and master card. Reservations are not accepted.

For Ports America (Terminal Operator) Parking Information, call (212) 641-4454.

Additional parking lots are located at 59th Street. spacer.gif

Parking is very easy and is right adjacent to the ships. The additional parking lot mentioned at 59th street is new and I don't know any one who has parked there yet and no one has mentioned it. But its new to the site as well. PS for a week its only $168.00 not $180...it used to be a max of 180 per month the repeating after 12 days is new too.

We parked this past March at the pier adjacent to the Ship. At that time We were sailing HAL's Noordam. It was very convienient, plenty of parking spaces, elevator down to terminal and when cruise is over, elevator up to parking. The longshoremen brought our luggage after the cruise right up to the parking area. It also has 24 hr. security and We had no problem at all. Going again in Sept. on the Miracle and will park in the same place. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry, you will have no problem at all. IKE

Parking is very easy and is right adjacent to the ships. The additional parking lot mentioned at 59th street is new and I don't know any one who has parked there yet and no one has mentioned it. But its new to the site as well. PS for a week its only $168.00 not $180...it used to be a max of 180 per month the repeating after 12 days is new too.

Read the rates -Depends on cruise length

Daily rate (up to 10 hours) for drop offs/visitors

$22.00 Cruise parking (multi-day passengers)

$24.00 per night Overnight rate (per 24 hours)

$25.00 Cruises up to 7 nights

$24.00 per night Cruises from 8 to 12 nights

$180.00 Rates repeat after 12 nights

Read the rates -Depends on cruise length

Daily rate (up to 10 hours) for drop offs/visitors

$22.00 Cruise parking (multi-day passengers)

$24.00 per night Overnight rate (per 24 hours)

$25.00 Cruises up to 7 nights

$24.00 per night Cruises from 8 to 12 nights

$180.00 Rates repeat after 12 nights

smeyer418 is correct. $180 is for the 8-day cruise. Also, they do not accept AMEX, so bring Visa or cash

One word of caution is when we arrived at the terminal, there was ZERO guidance on where to drop our bags. If we hadn't "winged" it and pulled over to drop our bags, we would have had to circle the block again, which would be a 1/2 hour mistake (they won't let you on the parking deck with luggage).

1. Make sure you know which pier your ship is on. When you get there, pull over as close to the terminal entrance as possible and drop your bags.
  2. While you are unloading, have someone head towards the terminal entrance and grab a porter. At our terminal, they had a "blue desk" set up with porters.
  3. When the bags are gone --hopefully headed onto the ship :D -- you can all head up together to drop off the car. There is no need to be separated. Follow the signs for parking. They will do a security check before you will be allowed to enter the parking area, so again make sure your bags are dropped off first.
  4. When you return from your trip, there is a porter line that you must go to. I sat for 15 min before I realized they weren't coming to me:o . When you find a porter, be sure to tell him/her (yes, they have "hers") you are on the parking deck, and which pier you are parked on. They should be able to take all of your bags right to your car.
  5. Tip them well if they work hard for you.

smeyer418 is correct. $180 is for the 8-day cruise. Also, they do not accept AMEX, so bring Visa or cash

One word of caution is when we arrived at the terminal, there was ZERO guidance on where to drop our bags. If we hadn't "winged" it and pulled over to drop our bags, we would have had to circle the block again, which would be a 1/2 hour mistake (they won't let you on the parking deck with luggage).

1. Make sure you know which pier your ship is on. When you get there, pull over as close to the terminal entrance as possible and drop your bags.
  2. While you are unloading, have someone head towards the terminal entrance and grab a porter. At our terminal, they had a "blue desk" set up with porters.
  3. When the bags are gone --hopefully headed onto the ship :D -- you can all head up together to drop off the car. There is no need to be separated. Follow the signs for parking. They will do a security check before you will be allowed to enter the parking area, so again make sure your bags are dropped off first.
  4. When you return from your trip, there is a porter line that you must go to. I sat for 15 min before I realized they weren't coming to me:o . When you find a porter, be sure to tell him/her (yes, they have "hers") you are on the parking deck, and which pier you are parked on. They should be able to take all of your bags right to your car.
  5. Tip them well if they work hard for you.

So Repete their site is a bit confusing then

Question- I am going on a one night cruise to nowhere

Will i pay the $24/day or $25 overnight?

So Repete their site is a bit confusing then

Question- I am going on a one night cruise to nowhere

Will i pay the $24/day or $25 overnight?

It is confusing. They don't define what the difference between multi-day and overnight are. If you go on a CTN, it is multi-day (well, 2 days anyway). I wouldn't worry about it -- it will be either $24 or $25 for the night.

For anything longer than a CTN, it will be $24 per night up to 7 days ($168), then $180 flat rate for 8-12 days. Beyond 12 days you have too much money anyway, so you'll likely have the chaufeur drop you off in the Bentley.

It is confusing. They don't define what the difference between multi-day and overnight are. If you go on a CTN, it is multi-day (well, 2 days anyway). I wouldn't worry about it -- it will be either $24 or $25 for the night.

For anything longer than a CTN, it will be $24 per night up to 7 days ($168), then $180 flat rate for 8-12 days. Beyond 12 days you have too much money anyway, so you'll likely have the chaufeur drop you off in the Bentley.

HAAAAAAAAAA

I'd post pictures of the parking at the pier....but the dog bites you if you try to take pictures....they don't like picture taking....and watch out for the machine gun toting policemen too. Very safety conscious at the port.:cool:

I came back from the 8/11 to 8/16 Victory cruise to Canada.

1. We took the ramp up to the baggage drop-off area and gave it to one of the porters. Remember to keep your travel documents and your carry-on luggage with you. You will not see your bags until later, probably after sailing off.

2. We proceeded to the ramp up to the rooftop parking. They check to see that you are actually going on a cruise. You will have to show your docs. They will repeatedly ask you if you are going on a cruise.

3. Cashier is at the entrance to the rooftops. You tell them how long your cruise is and pay upfront. We used MasterCard. The price was $120 for a five-day cruise.

4. At the rooftop, you have to park at "your" pier. Remember which one it is. They will do a security check before you drive into that pier.

5. We arrived at 12:00 PM for the 5:00 PM departure. The parking lot was a little more than half full. We parked pretty close to the elevators. Remember that besides the cars from your cruise, others will be parked there: the ones who sailed before you and have not arrived back.

Just to reiterate, make sure you drop your gear with the porters before parking. If not, it tends to be a long slog to the terminal with your bags. Yes, I've done it. And got yelled at for taking my luggage down the escalator. :D

We did that our first time too! We know better now. One thing to keep in mind is that there is parking on the top of each pier - 88, 90, and 92 - and you may not return to the same pier you depart from. The first time we sailed, we departed from Pier 90 - and were parked at Pier 90 - but returned to Pier 92. It's not a big deal, since all the piers are connected, but you want to keep in mind where you parked.

I also can't say enough about the staff at the piers. When you park your car, not only will you need to show your documents to park, they also have the dogs check over your car before you park. When we returned from our last cruise, the porter brought our luggage right up to the car. In previous years, we had to have one person wait with the luggage at the drop-off site while the other went to get the car. I also appreciate the maintenance staff who came out with a jumper when we returned last week to a dead battery in our Jeep:o - they had us going within 10 minutes!

Archived