Ideas for 60 somthings

dnialcdlo

I'm cruising with a bunch of friends as well as my mother and her friends. We'd like to find something we can all do in port. I'd love to snorkel and although my mother won't. She'd rather have a beach chair or hammock or shopping without a lot of walking. And if I get her to a beach she won't want to walk very far to get to her chair. Ideas?

We just returned, taking my In Laws who are in their late 60's and they too prefered just sitting on the beach and low key shopping. We went to Play Del Carman beach , its right next to alot of shopping and you can rent beach chairs there. We paid $15 for 5 chairs and an umberella/table, within steps of the water. It was beautiful. We were going to snorkle but the weather was not agreeable to be out near the reefs. There is a great restaurant right there too, very reasonable. The only down side to this port was the cab ride from the ship to the beach, its only about 15 minutes away but the cab driver drove like crazy, which made my in laws very nervous! The cabs are very easy to get to go to the beach and also return. The cost was $10 for 3 of us, one way, so we got 2 cabs, but there are some taxi- vans, if you can get them. If she doesn't like foriegn drivers speeding along in little cars, then maybe a day on the ship enjoying the sauna, spa, and whole ship to herself thst day! :)

Archived