Snorkel rental

StefanieMS

Stephanie,

The ships do not rent fins, etc. They do however offer a new snorkel for $5 each. The snorkel tour vendor usually supplies everything. I take my own mask and snorkel with me and use the vendor's fins. I don't trust the vendor when it comes to disinfecting something I'm going to have in my mouth or on my face. Just go to any sporting goods store and buy your own.

Stefanie, I agree with the previous poster. The excursion boats for snorkeling will provide equipment but it's so much better to have your own. It takes very little room to pack and it is much more comfortable to have gear that fits. Even if you only use it once a year, it's worth buying. My DH & I have found we get in the water much quicker with our own gear. The dive master is still handing out gear & trying to find fins that fit while we are enjoying the water.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I checked today and they were out of snorkel sets (except cheapo pool ones), but we leave on thursday for CA, and if I happen across a walmart or sams, I will check there, or maybe PV.
Stefanie

I rented equipment from Carnival on board Paradise. (I'm certain that fins were available because I rented them. But, perhaps Carnival doesn't rent them anymore.) The quality of the equipment was very disappointing, and they didn't even have snorkel vests available. They did offer life vests, which really suck for snorkeling.If you're going on excursion, they'll have the equipment. Many beaches in the Caribbean have the equipment for rent, and the quality is superior to Carnival's. Plus, you don't have to lug it to & from the ship. I now have my own equipment, but sometimes I don't pack the fins and just rent a set at the beach.

Archived