Warning-9th deck hump cabins

We are in 9318 on the Mariner in November.......hope the folks above us are considerate! :o I just looked at the deck plans and see that the Royal Suite is on the other side of the ship......

Sorry you had to deal with noise from above - that would have made me mad too!

We're in 9318 in a few weeks - will take care of it for you ;)

It strikes me as bizarre when Royal Suite guests have the urge to play the piano at all hours of the night. These folks probably have a piano in their living rooms at home and never lift the cover off the keys :rolleyes:

You may be right!! OR- they DON'T have a piano and feel like they need to play it all the time since they "paid" for it when they got that particular room!:confused: :D To the OP-sorry you had inconsiderate neighbors! I wouldn't blame the whole cruiseline, sometimes that just happens. I for one am a night owl and tend to roam around sometimes, i always try to make sure i am quiet when I do that. One thing we have no control over when we cruise or stay in a hotel is who is above, below, or next to us!:(

I thought they were player pianos, in which case they could have a timer on it to shut off the piano at midnight.

How annoying for you.

It is not very good customer service that they could not solve the problem for you at the desk.

People that are up til the wee hours playing the piano (or whatever else they're doing that bothers their neighbors) probably sleep in pretty late.

If it were me, I would ask them nicely one time to please keep the noise down. If they blatantly disregarded my request, I would start making phone calls to them starting at around 7 or 8 AM when THEY would most likely be trying to sleep. I think they would get the message pretty quick.

sorry this happened to you on your family cruise- have you tried emailing customer service since you got home ? or calling them since you have returned- would be worth another try, imho

looks like ear plugs would be a good addition to our packing list after reading this thread....

That is a terrible luck of the draw on this one. I can agree with Fl cruisegirl. Ask nicely to tone it down, and if not start w/ the phone. unfortunately they can take it off the hook. I always thought they put those things in there for show, not that any one would really play it, but just goes to show there are inconsiderate people everywhere.

People that are up til the wee hours playing the piano (or whatever else they're doing that bothers their neighbors) probably sleep in pretty late.

If it were me, I would ask them nicely one time to please keep the noise down. If they blatantly disregarded my request, I would start making phone calls to them starting at around 7 or 8 AM when THEY would most likely be trying to sleep. I think they would get the message pretty quick.

This was my thought. Call them every 10 minutes.

I had the center of hump JS deck 9 portside right under the RS in June for a B to B on the EX. Could hear the piano whenever they played it and also kids running around on second cruise. We always book on deck 10 close to the RS and would never book on 9 again in that location. We just found deck 10 to be more quiet and there was no difference in the cabin as far as we could see on the hump JS compared to our JS on 10. JMHO

Hi LSAUNDER, nice meeting everyone at the M&G. What a shame that the noise ruined your sleep.... :mad:

We were in 1364, on the tenth deck and noticed that the cabin was the least sound proof we'd ever had. We could hear people talking on either side, TV's left on became our background noise, and every morning the carts in the Windjammer rolling up and down the aisles.

Archived