taxidriverbarcelona.com

Has anyone booked a taxi ahead with taxidriverbarcelona.com? Just trying to book a taxi from port to our hotel rather than wait in long lines for queueing taxies. Thanks.

Never had to wait for long time for a taxi, always been very quick.

I've read when disembarking at the end of a cruise, that the lines are long in Barcelona. We have 5 people and lots of luggage, so I want to arrange it ahead of time.

Hi

Well if you are not succesfull ,since you are going to a hotel ,rather than the airport, get off later than those, say 9 am/9 .30,then lines are gone,also,the traffic going into centre will be slightly less .

Diane,

Because we were staying in Barcelona and our apartment was not ready yet, we got off Millennium as late as possible. The last call for disembarkation was made around 8:45am (disembarkation began at 6:30am). When we arrived at the luggage claim area at 9am, it was almost completely deserted--our suitcases were among the couple of dozen that were left which made finding them very easy (see photo).

But when we stepped out of the terminal with our luggage in hand, there was still a huge line for taxis. So in hindsight, I would say that pre-arranging for a taxi is a very good idea. I think you have to be sure that you are paying a reasonable rate as I have seen some expensive prices (although some premium would be worth it).

David

DSC_00090001.JPG.d854f9389ed3869fa55df97b85e7d21b.JPG

Based on what I have seen, 35 Euro for 5 people seems like an OK pre-arranged rate although it is higher than what I think the metered rate would work out to. Based on taking several taxis around town when we were in Barcelona, I would think that the metered rate would be around 12 Euro although that would be without any luggage supplements and does not include the 3.2 Euro max surcharge for coming to pick you up.

On the other side of the cost spectrum, Angie's Taxi (whom we did not use) quoted a rate of 50 Euro for 4-6 people to be transported from the dock to hotel.

Like I said earlier, I would be willing to pay a premium over the metered rate to avoid having to wait in line.

One other story, one of the passengers waiting with us outside the ship terminal in Barcelona asked to borrow my international cell phone because their pre-arranged ride did not show up. I think they were expecting the driver to be there over an hour ago. They had their paper voucher with the company's phone number on it (and explicit instructions to call this number if you cannot find your driver). Nobody answered the phone, just an answering machine......

I used Angie's taxi's when in Barcelona in 22005 - arranged with 4 others from our roll-call board to take taxi back from port on disembarkation.

We actually were of ship earlier than we thought and one of the other taxi driver's standing around phoned Angie's taxi's for us and they came straight away.

Excellent service.

Frances

Archived