sea sickness

mumeof3

So what happens if your child becomes sea sick:( ??will the cruise ship assume it is norovirus?just asking because this is my fear,I have a daughter who when gets anxiety she may get an upset stomach and vomit a little so I am nervouse that with this being her 1st cruise she may get seasick or her anxiety may kick in which happened in Disney one morning{she woke up with an upset stomach,vomited some phlem and was okay and it happens with school mornings too}I dont want to end up quarentined if in deed it was due to these 2 reasons,I am guessing with Noro you get pretty sick???

should I ask the peds for something for sea sickness?are there patches for kids that really work??without making them drowsy?

Not sure how old you're daughter is but back in July, we took our kids (ages 3 and 6) on their 1st cruise which was 15 days. I never once mentioned sea-sickness to them because I didn't want them to have it on their minds. The first 2 days of the cruise, I gave them chewable Dramamine (pediatrician recommended it) and told them it was a cruise vitamin. They never said anything about feeling sick and had such a great time. The Dramamine didn't seem to make them drowsy either! If you are overly anxious about you're daughter possibly getting sick, she will likely sense your anxiety. Just talk about how much fun you'll have and how many friends she'll make and take everything else as it comes. Hope this helps and have a great time!!!

Not sure how old you're daughter is but back in July, we took our kids (ages 3 and 6) on their 1st cruise which was 15 days. I never once mentioned sea-sickness to them because I didn't want them to have it on their minds. The first 2 days of the cruise, I gave them chewable Dramamine (pediatrician recommended it) and told them it was a cruise vitamin. They never said anything about feeling sick and had such a great time. The Dramamine didn't seem to make them drowsy either! If you are overly anxious about you're daughter possibly getting sick, she will likely sense your anxiety. Just talk about how much fun you'll have and how many friends she'll make and take everything else as it comes. Hope this helps and have a great time!!!

Thanks for your input,she is 14 so she knows about seasickness but who knows we just wont dwell on it and pray for the best:o

Thanks for your input,she is 14 so she knows about seasickness but who knows we just wont dwell on it and pray for the best:o

Just a recommendation from personal experience. I absolutely love cruising, but I tend to get a bit under the weather when in rough seas.

I've found that the combination of Bonine (over the counter) and ginger tablets (GNC carries them...very cheap) works wonders. I took them on a recent Windjammer trip, which involved sailing on a quite small schooner from the 1930s.....never felt sick for a single minute.

Archived