Son With Aspergers

VICKIVICKI

I Have A 13 Year Old Son With Aspergers And Profound Adhd. We Have Already Booked A Cruise On Carnival Conquest For Feb 2nd 2008. I Know It's A Longshot, But I Was Hoping That Possibly Someone Else With A Similarly Wired Child Might Be Cruising The Same Week And My Child Would Have A Friend Onboard.

I Have A 13 Year Old Son With Aspergers And Profound Adhd. We Have Already Booked A Cruise On Carnival Conquest For Feb 2nd 2008. I Know It's A Longshot, But I Was Hoping That Possibly Someone Else With A Similarly Wired Child Might Be Cruising The Same Week And My Child Would Have A Friend Onboard.

Don't be afraid to ask at Camp Carnival, not sure if they will tell you or not but it can't hurt! On our last cruise we met an 8yo boy in the elevator who got in my son's face and was asking hey, whats your name? whats your name? how old are you? I told him, he has a hard time answering questions but his name is Benjamin, and he is 3. Then told his father...he has autism. His father told me, really! My son also has autism! We talked more and I compared notes on how much we were loving our cruise and how great camp carnival had been. I would love to meet that little boy in the elevator again on our next cruise, now that Ben has learned to answer those questions! :)

Archived