Dining alone at Portofino's/Chops

Hi

I posted this on the Portofino's/chops threat. Thought I would post it here as well.

Just curious, I am traveling alone. Will I be recognized or notice if I dine alone at Portofino's or Chops. I guess what I mean is that some restaurants, I will be seated at a table and will sit there for 15-20 minutes and never get notice. Others groups walk in and they will get help immediately. Will this be an issue in Portofino's/chops? Has anyone gone to these restaurants alone?

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I haven't gone to either restaurant alone, but since you must make a reservation, I don't believe it would be a problem in terms of getting the attention of yuor server.

Just make your reservation for 1, show up at the appointed time, and check in with the host, and (s)he will seat you.

Service is usually fantastic.

happy sailing,

wendy

Hi

Thank you everyone that responded. I eat alone alot when I travel and always run into problems with land restaurants. This will be the first time that I will be eating alone in a speciality restaurant. I have a rule that I use on land. If I don't get a response within 20 minutes of being seated, I am out the door.

Jennifer

Archived