Review Caribbean Princess - 8/14-21 - Part Two/Final

lmmn

Movies Under the Stars - A

The large screen was awesome! It was used not only for the movies, but Tina Turner concert and Tom Jones concert. I saw some of the olympics and they showed the pool games, etc. We saw the two movies "13 Going on 30" and "Calendar Girls". The first night we sat in the loungers....it was soooo relaxing and the next we sat in the hot tub.

Pool Games - A

They are absolutely a hoot!!!! Don't miss them if you like a good laugh. Participate if you can!

St. Thomas

Took taxi to Red Hook and then took 9:00 ferry to St. Johns. We went to snorkel at Trunk Bay. Snorkeling was very good. There were three large ships in that day, so the beach was beautiful, but very crowded. We left about noon. Went shopping in Charlotte-Amalie. Shopping was great, but it was really hot. We found a shop selling the best shaved ice ever!

St. Martin

Went on the Golden Eagle Catamaran. I would highly recommend this excursion. The catamaran is very clean and the ride was great. They took us to a beach which was excellent for swimming and off to the side the snorkeling exceeded my expectations. The water was incredibly clear. They served drinks the entire trip and sandwiches after the beach. If you bring your own snorkeling vests, be sure to watch that the crew does not take them by accident. I would definitely mark them.

Afterwards we took a cab to Maho Beach. This is the beach by the airport where you can watch the planes come in. We enjoyed our lunch at the Sunset Bar & Grill. The beach area is small. We swam for about an hour and decided to take a taxi back to the ship.

Princess Cay

Nice beach, but very crowded. Snorkeling exceeded expectations. Next time I would bring some food for the fish. Snorkeling was extremely crowded. Princess does a great job of moving people efficiently. Tender service was very efficient.

I'm not the best in crowds, so if I were to go again I would choose more remote beaches. The ship was full, but never seemed crowded. We did not have any problems finding chairs, since we didn't feel like we had to have them right next to the pool. The staff was extremely friendly as were all the passengers we met. There were ALOT of children on board, but all of the children I saw were very well behaved. As I expected in the summer, the pools were very full of children.

After going on five RCCL cruises and this being my first Princess, I would say they are very comparable. I like some things better on RCCL, others on Princess. My daughter like RCCL better....she likes the Promenade on the Voyager class ships and the soft serve ice cream. In my opinion, both cruiselines are very similar....I will choose the one with the best price!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Great Review! Thanks for taking the time to post. I have a question about the Golden Eagle Catamaran. When you get to the beach how do you get off the boat? Do you jump in, climb a ladder or what? and how deep is the water where you get off the boat?

Terri

Archived