Can I still buy insurance even though trip is paid for?

Hi. I went to insuremytrip.com on a lot of your suggestions. I found some really good info and am looking into buying the AIG TravelGuard for my January cruise and the flights to get there. I have already paid for everything fully (had a bad experience of cancelling last time) and am confused as to if I can still get insurance or if certain things won't be covered because I've already paid in full.

Can anyone explain that for me? Thanks!:)

Yes, you can still get insurance. Many of the insurance providers give you a pre-existing condition waiver if you buy insurance within a few days of booking your vacation. That's the only real benefit to buying early. For some people, though, that's important. You may not qualify for that, but if you don't have any pre-existing conditions that might affect your cruise, then there's no worry there, anyway.

Hi. I went to insuremytrip.com on a lot of your suggestions. I found some really good info and am looking into buying the AIG TravelGuard for my January cruise and the flights to get there. I have already paid for everything fully (had a bad experience of cancelling last time) and am confused as to if I can still get insurance or if certain things won't be covered because I've already paid in full.

Can anyone explain that for me? Thanks!:)

Travel Guard has a bunch of different plans -- some of which aren't available in all states or have benefits that vary by the state you reside in.

I believe all of them can be purchased up until the day prior to your departure but to find out if you're forfeiting any benefits by purchasing a policy after the final payment date you're really going to have to call Travel Guard or the agent who is offering the plan, identify the exact plan and your residence and go from there..

There is a toll free number to call at the insuremytrip website. For our last cruise I called and spoke to one of the agents, she was most knowledgeable and very informative. It might be a good idea for you to call and ask them whatever questions you might have. Good luck and happy cruising.

Archived