Delta to Hawaii from Atlanta

lvcruises

Who has flown on Delta to Hawaii out of Atlanta? We fly Sat to HNl direct from ATL. USAirways offers upgrades to first class for a small price, does Delta do this? If so what do you have to do to get it, I'm sure asking helps. Also, how much did it cost you if you were able to do this. We have Row 17 on a 767 which is an exit row by the Food area and bathrooms so they are good seats, but if we could get first class for a reasonable price it might be worth doing. Please let me know if you've been able to do this! Thanks:)

• Administrators
Who has flown on Delta to Hawaii out of Atlanta? We fly Sat to HNl direct from ATL. USAirways offers upgrades to first class for a small price, does Delta do this? If so what do you have to do to get it, I'm sure asking helps. Also, how much did it cost you if you were able to do this. We have Row 17 on a 767 which is an exit row by the Food area and bathrooms so they are good seats, but if we could get first class for a reasonable price it might be worth doing. Please let me know if you've been able to do this! Thanks:)

We flew ATL > HNL and back on Delta in July, coach. No upgrades were do-able for us, given the class of ticket booked (our air was booked through NCL) -- and yes I asked! ;) I would add that discretionary upgrades weren't going to happen -- our flights both directions were "full as a tick" to use a kind of icky Southern-ism! If you booked Delta on your own (or possibly even through NCL) you might qualify for an upgrade to first class for a fee -- the best way to find out is to call Delta directly.

Years ago you used to be able to upgrade to first class on Delta for a "small fee" as long as your coach ticket was a mid range (not the lowest possible) -- but I haven't had that benefit in a long time. Even my million miler upgrade possibilities didn't work for us on the Hawaii trip.

Just call and ask -- if you keep the seats you have (exit row, you lucky ducks!), enjoy the movies and pray they don't offer "Astronaut Farmer" in BOTH directions as they did for our Hawaii itinerary, ten days apart -- they should KNOW better! I like Billy Bob Thornton, but come on! ;)

Have a great trip!

We flew ATL > HNL and back on Delta in July, coach. No upgrades were do-able for us, given the class of ticket booked (our air was booked through NCL) -- and yes I asked! ;) I would add that discretionary upgrades weren't going to happen -- our flights both directions were "full as a tick" to use a kind of icky Southern-ism! If you booked Delta on your own (or possibly even through NCL) you might qualify for an upgrade to first class for a fee -- the best way to find out is to call Delta directly.

Years ago you used to be able to upgrade to first class on Delta for a "small fee" as long as your coach ticket was a mid range (not the lowest possible) -- but I haven't had that benefit in a long time. Even my million miler upgrade possibilities didn't work for us on the Hawaii trip.

Just call and ask -- if you keep the seats you have (exit row, you lucky ducks!), enjoy the movies and pray they don't offer "Astronaut Farmer" in BOTH directions as they did for our Hawaii itinerary, ten days apart -- they should KNOW better! I like Billy Bob Thornton, but come on! ;)

Have a great trip!

I used to be Platinum Frequent Flyer on Delta and if they have seats available in FC you can bet they'll be offering them for sale at the gate. The upgrade fee they charge is based on the distance you are flying. I would expect it would be at least $500 per person for the ATL-HNL segment. As MichellP said the only way you can upgrade is with money or frequent flyer miles.

Delta is notorius for switching the movies in the middle of the month and they show the same thing at the end of the month on the Hawaii flights...I've never understood that.

Good luck and enjoy the flight...the exit row will be nice enough if you do stay in coach.

Tim

I am a Platinum Elite member with Delta and tried to use my many miles to get upgraded to First class on our flights from Boston to HNL (both ways through Salt Lake). They told me the only way to do that was to spend another $2,000!!!!

We had only spent about $600 per ticket for 2 people, so that would be more than triple the cost! And I agree, these flights fly very full generally, so getting a complimentary upgrade is out of the question....

Oh well, like you, I will stick to my exit row seats and just enjoy going to Hawaii!:D

Archived