Terminal

scottie86

Hi does anyone know which terminal P&O uses in livorno.

I want to go to pisa on my own, and trying to work out directions from the port to livorno centrale.

i have emailed P&O to ask which terminal we dock at but ive had no reply so was wondering if any of you can help.

Im on arcadia if this is relevant.

fiona

I want to go to pisa on my own, and trying to work out directions from the port to livorno centrale.

i have emailed P&O to ask which terminal we dock at but ive had no reply so was wondering if any of you can help.

fiona

Hi Fiona

It is 6 years since I was at Livorno and I cannot remember which berth it was. However Livorno is one of those ports where a number of ships can be in at any one time so to say which berth you will be on from this distance may be difficult.

Have you tried the P&O website and go on to Cruise Connections where you will find many more P&O regulars. Some of them use this site but it would be pot luck.

When we went we just got the P&O coach.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Livorno is a major commercial port, with secured port facilities. I think they restrict access to the docks.

When I was there with Celebrity just over a year ago, we had to get a shuttle bus into the centre of town. Then we got a Livorno bus to the station (it's well over a mile away from the town centre), and then a train to Pisa. So it's do-able, just a bit of a hassle.

Tom Ogg (http://www.europeportreviews.com - scrol right down on the l/hand side until you see 'Mediterranean' then look for Florence '(Livorno)' ) suggest taking a taxi from the ship to the station. He's obviously done it, but they may well not be very keen to just take you to the station - they want long hires, e.g. to Pisa or even Florence. I don't think you'll be allowed to walk to the dock gates, it's prohibited (seems to be a thing in Italian ports; Civitavecchia is the same). Also the layout of Livorno is complex and confusing; we drove for a number of minutes on the shuttle bus, then came back right past the ship, but on the other side of a channel. All in all I thought it was about a mile on the ground to the dock gate, on that occasion.

Livorno is a major commercial port, with secured port facilities. I think they restrict access to the docks.

I don't think you'll be allowed to walk to the dock gates, it's prohibited (seems to be a thing in Italian ports; Civitavecchia is the same). Also the layout of Livorno is complex and confusing; we drove for a number of minutes on the shuttle bus, then came back right past the ship, but on the other side of a channel. All in all I thought it was about a mile on the ground to the dock gate, on that occasion.

We had the same thing when we were in Civitavecchia this year. We were on the bus for about 1o minutes before we left the dock/port area and most of that distance seemed to be going backwards and forwards on ourselves.

Feebee_71:confused:

We were there just over 2 weeks ago ,there are a number of berths with in the docks, there is no real terminal , as it is a working port access is restricted , get on theshuttle bus , which drops you off in a square in the town , on the other side of the road there is a shop which sells bus tickets , explain where you want to go and they will help you , walk in to the main square and the no 1 bus stop is the first stop , the station is about 45 minutes walk , so bus or taxi is really the only option to to , we did get as far as the station as we were trying to find the beach which was on the same route

fiona

Scottie

Don't even bank of getting there in the first place!!! I was on Arcadia in June/July this year and we couldn't even dock in Liverno in the end and had to go to La Spezia further down the coast, and that meant all the 1/2 day pisa tours were cancelled.

Sue

Archived