CROWN 4 Hours Late Leaving GRAND TURK

chewpup

Due to an unexpected medical emergency, (no further details given by the Captain), we left Grand Turk late and will arrive sometime around noon in San Juan today. Weather has been decent. Ship is beautiful - shows so far have been very good, an excellent impressionist, Mike Wilson - and a terrific illusionist, Lorenzo Clark - I enjoyed their shows immensely. Comedian was good. Motor City show was good as well. Food as been good - except for pizza, not so good. Pool area seems smaller than RCI voyager class ships, and the chair hogs are out in full force. Princess is not very proactive in handling this. My family loved Grand Turk. It is almost like being on a private island, but with a very nice pool and Margaritaville. Will write more tonight after leaving San Juan.

Due to an unexpected medical emergency, (no further details given by the Captain), we left Grand Turk late and will arrive sometime around noon in San Juan today. Weather has been decent. Ship is beautiful - shows so far have been very good, an excellent impressionist, Mike Wilson - and a terrific illusionist, Lorenzo Clark - I enjoyed their shows immensely. Comedian was good. Motor City show was good as well. Food as been good - except for pizza, not so good. Pool area seems smaller than RCI voyager class ships, and the chair hogs are out in full force. Princess is not very proactive in handling this. My family loved Grand Turk. It is almost like being on a private island, but with a very nice pool and Margaritaville. Will write more tonight after leaving San Juan.

*Sigh* It has been just a few days since we've been in Crown and I miss it soooo. We had a blast kayaking and snorkeling in Grand Turk although it was waaay hot to shop at that time. San Juan was nice despite the downpour we had in the morning. All four of us bought a $5 poncho and we were like ducks waddling in the streets under the rain (it was fun!) while everybody ran for cover. It stopped raining in the afternoon and we shopped till we dropped - or at least till some of the shops closed around 6:30. :D

The ship left Grand Turk 3 and a half hours late because of a medical emergency. A doctor was brought in from Grand Turk and boarded the ship. Later, a teen boy was taken from the ship by ambulance with his dad and all their luggage. His right arm was bandaged up, so we're assuming he had a mishap with the coral on the reefs.

I felt sooo bad for him. I sincerely hope he's okay. He looked so upset when they took him away.

The ship is doing double time to get to San Juan. We are only going to be about 3 hours late in arriving. Some of the afternoon excursions have been cancelled. The ship will be leaving San Juan at 8 pm instead of 6 pm.

Medical emergencies hapen. If I hear one more person on this cruise complain about the delay, I may just lose it. Suppose it was someone you knew who needed that medical attention?

The cruise is great. Food is very good, pools are great, shows are fine. The sun is hot hot hot!!

Any questions, just fire away. I'll try and check in later.

That explains it! I was checking the Crown bridge cam on the Princess web site yesterday and I was wondering why the ship was still in port so late in the afternoon while the pier appeared to be deserted:confused: .

Happy to hear your are all enjoying your time on board.

We were on the Mariner last week and our neighbours, young adults, were talking about .... well.... boobs. All the while in perfect silhouette the attractive young girl was squeezing and showing her boyfriend how hers were so nice and yes real as opposed to her friends which were like this (more graphics needed here) and fake....

The show lasted at least fifteen minutes because they were drunk/stoned and she had to repeat the story over and over again.

It was quite the show and made me wonder why RCI used semi transparent materials for dividers.

1187878449.jpg

Has there been any announcement regarding returning to NYC late? We're taking the Princess Motorcoach so we won't be there until late afternoon anyway, just curious though.

As of right now, we are completely back on schedule. We just left St. Thomas at 3pm right on time. Unless something unforeseen happens, we should be back in NY on time on Tuesday morning. Sad for me, happy for you!!

Lorenzo Clark? Did he show that ridiculous ten minute video of him with his B list stars before his show?

On our Crown cruise he annoyed a lot of the audience with that video.

He appeared here twice. I thought I was going to see him one night, but it turned out to be Mike Wilson instead. Too many patters in the room at one time!! I haven't heard anything negative about him but I'm sure someone will review him.

Archived