Medano Beach Cabo ?

C-U-ONBOARD

Hello there...

We will be traveling to Cabo on the Elation next month....For anyone who has taken a water taxi to Medano beach in Cabo.....Is it possible to ask the water taxi to stop over at Lovers Beach on the way? Will they do this? Or will they just cruise by it and not stop? Also, what should we expect to pay to go there? How long of a ride is it? Any other advise/tips about Medano beach would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance.....

Hello there...

We will be traveling to Cabo on the Elation next month....For anyone who has taken a water taxi to Medano beach in Cabo.....Is it possible to ask the water taxi to stop over at Lovers Beach on the way? Will they do this? Or will they just cruise by it and not stop? Also, what should we expect to pay to go there? How long of a ride is it? Any other advise/tips about Medano beach would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance.....

yeah they can take you to either beach... they can drop you off at lovers beach and you can tell them when to pick you up..

theres no services at lovers beach, no bathrooms, or resturants or anything...

medano beach has everything ...

the ride to lovers beach from the pier is about 5-10 minutes, same to medano not far at all. we paid like 3$ per person each way to go to medano.. ask the price before you get on the boat ...

any other questions let me know .

melissa

click on my webshots link, i have some pics of cabo in our mexico albums,,

Thanks for the reply Melissa, although I have been to Cabo many times, we have never NOT done an excursion and so this will be our first time taking a water taxi or going to Medano beach....

Any other tips or insight about Medano Beach itself would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the reply Melissa, although I have been to Cabo many times, we have never NOT done an excursion and so this will be our first time taking a water taxi or going to Medano beach....

Any other tips or insight about Medano Beach itself would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

at medano beach theres a lot of places to sit and relax.. the earlier you get there the better. you can sit in the lounge chairs with umbrellas right by the swimming area... theres good food, and drink.

its a nice place to relax..

i have some pics . ill post them on here

Thank you for the pics:D Last cruise we went to Lovers Beach and though it was beauitiful there were no Banos [ bathrooms]. I would love to hang out on a beach with a few more amenities.

If you take the water taxi, do they still dump you in the water on the beach? I guess half the fun is the challenge of getting back in the boat, maybe a regular taxi back to the dock. :rolleyes: Do they have para sailing from that beach? Thanks for the info, Cozzette

Thank you for the pics:D Last cruise we went to Lovers Beach and though it was beauitiful there were no Banos [ bathrooms]. I would love to hang out on a beach with a few more amenities.

If you take the water taxi, do they still dump you in the water on the beach? I guess half the fun is the challenge of getting back in the boat, maybe a regular taxi back to the dock. :rolleyes: Do they have para sailing from that beach? Thanks for the info, Cozzette

yeah they have parasailing, you can ride jet skis... banana boats etc etc..

and they do dump you on the beach,, if the water is rough be careful....

have fun

• 1 month later...

melika091900...Melissa

In your post #5...pictures of you on Medano Beach...Green umbrellas...lounge chairs...what is the "name of this place"... on Medano beach?

Looks like "the location" for us too! :D How do we find it? Can we take a "land" taxi to it...not into water taxi's! :eek:

Would appreciate any info you can share with us.

Pat :)

melika091900...Melissa

In your post #5...pictures of you on Medano Beach...Green umbrellas...lounge chairs...what is the "name of this place"... on Medano beach?

Looks like "the location" for us too! :D How do we find it? Can we take a "land" taxi to it...not into water taxi's! :eek:

Hey there,, I have no idea the name of the place ,,my husband says the umbrellas were green and they said dos aquis with X on it .. im sooo sorry i cant remember, it was the 1st place you come to though when you get off the water taxi on the beach, if that helps,

the only way there is by water taxi.. :(

any other questions let me know or email me anytime

Melissa

Do they have lockers of anything at Medano beach? I wanna take my boyfriend on the Banana Boat he's never even seen one. But I don't want to leave my stuff on the beach with my money and my camera.

I didnt see any there,

but im not toooo sure...

WE were just at the same location 2 weeks ago (carnival pride) You can take a regular taxi there and if like you can also walk from the tender pier.Sorry Don't remeber the name of the bar but service was great and the bathrooms were clean

WE were just at the same location 2 weeks ago (carnival pride) You can take a regular taxi there and if like you can also walk from the tender pier.Sorry Don't remeber the name of the bar but service was great and the bathrooms were clean

Wow! That is that as long a walk as one would imagine? Also, I'm wondering if you don't arrange a time back with a water taxi, are there any around waiting for fares? Or is there one you can call? We are coming in on Princess and they are only in Cabo until 2, and being a tender it is a little scary to even leave the boat. But don't want to miss a chance to hit the beach either. If walking isn't too far it might be an option.

melika091900...Melissa

I see Mango Deck in the background, and it's not Baja Cantina, so it has to be either The Office or Billygan's Island. They are next door to each other - take a taxi to Medano Beach, you can't miss them.

Wow! That is that as long a walk as one would imagine? Also, I'm wondering if you don't arrange a time back with a water taxi, are there any around waiting for fares? Or is there one you can call? We are coming in on Princess and they are only in Cabo until 2, and being a tender it is a little scary to even leave the boat. But don't want to miss a chance to hit the beach either. If walking isn't too far it might be an option.

the water taxi come back and forth all day,

NEVER pay for round trip,, just tell them you will pay on the way back,

so many people get ripped off this way...

have a great trip

I see Mango Deck in the background, and it's not Baja Cantina, so it has to be either The Office or Billygan's Island. They are next door to each other - take a taxi to Medano Beach, you can't miss them.

i think the office was right behind us.... i cant remember,,,

i hate that when my mind goes blank :confused:

It was Billygan's Island. The first one you come to. The swimming area is roped off and it's sand all the way out. As long as you don't leave valuables laying about, I'm sure the waiters keep an eye and there will always be fellow cruisers to watch your stuff.

So do the water taxis just drop you off where these restaurants are located? It sounds like we'd like to hang out at one of the places mentioned above (Billygans, Mango Deck, or The Office). Someone else mentioned you could walk. Does anyone know how far of a walk it is and if it's safe?

So do the water taxis just drop you off where these restaurants are located? It sounds like we'd like to hang out at one of the places mentioned above (Billygans, Mango Deck, or The Office). Someone else mentioned you could walk. Does anyone know how far of a walk it is and if it's safe?

yeah they will drop you right on the beach near all of those places.. they will go were people arent swimming.

we walked around the harbor before trying to get to the beach, it was LONG and HOT HOT HOT ... i wouldnt do it again..

but yes cabo seems pretty safe, weve never had any problems there at all.

• 2 months later...
It's about a 20 minute walk in the very hot sun! You need another swim by the time you get back to the ship.

A little confused here...some say that medano beach is only accessible by water taxi and others say you can walk there from the tendering docks. :confused:

It would be a very long walk from the tender dock, probably about 45 minutes to an hour. However they have just started unloading people at a new dock if there are more that 3 ships in port. That dock is about 3/4 of the way around the marina which would shave off about a half hour of your walk. I'm not sure how you would know if you were being dropped off there until you go there though.

You can take either a water taxi ($3-5/pp each way, negociate in advance) or a land taxi ( $10 total for up to 4 people) to Medano beach from the original tender dock.:)

Archived