young couple cruising

dftimz

me (23) and my gf (20) are sailing on enchantment in oct (first cruise for me) and wanted to know if we would feel out of place because we were young? I can't wait to stay up late drinking mojitos and dancing at bolleros

it's funny that you should use the word "feel."

i guess it all depends upon how you feel relating to the other passengers.

and i am not sure that they will ask for ID when you get drinks. if someone does, try another bar.

me (23) and my gf (20) are sailing on enchantment in oct (first cruise for me) and wanted to know if we would feel out of place because we were young? I can't wait to stay up late drinking mojitos and dancing at bolleros

and i am not sure that they will ask for ID when you get drinks. if someone does, try another bar.

I doubt that would help, your Seapass card will reflect your age when you board so it may be difficult, not impossible, but very difficult.

Aubie

Two weeks ago on the Serenade they were constantly carding my daughter if she wasn't with us. It got so it was easier to just carry her driver's license with her or order a drink when we were around.

My boyfriend and I were 20 and 21 on our first cruise. We happened to be matched up at a dinner table with another couple who were in their mid-20s and so we had a lot of fun with them, but we also enjoyed our conversations with some of the older crowd. We did a lot of the ship games where some of our teammates were in their 60s and were some of the most hilarious people we'd ever met.

Just have fun and go with the flow and your age won't matter.

Our next cruise (this Dec) we'll be on Enchantment with a bunch of friends, all aged 21-23 (I'll be the old maid... celebrating my 23rd on ship, lol).

thanks for the quick replies I'm sure that we will have a great time. I am also thinking about ordering the wine package for dinner and know that my gf would like a glass with her meal. anyone bin in the same or similar situation?

thanks for the quick replies I'm sure that we will have a great time. I am also thinking about ordering the wine package for dinner and know that my gf would like a glass with her meal. anyone bin in the same or similar situation?

As a rule most of the younger crowd requests late dining. And the cruise lines try to seat people together who may have something in common such as AGE. So I'm guessing you will be seated at a young table if you choose late dining.

cat

As a rule most of the younger crowd requests late dining. And the cruise lines try to seat people together who may have something in common such as AGE. So I'm guessing you will be seated at a young table if you choose late dining.

cat

True, but on the other hand, my wife and I's first cruise was our honeymoon. We were both 21. We got seated at a table for four with a couple in their 50's from England. Very nice people, nothing in common, very awkward.

My girlfriend (19) and I (24) were on Enchantment last week and were both first time cruisers. There were a lot of people our age, and we had the time of our lives.

Honestly, the only time I felt "out of place" was Formal Night. We sat with an older crowd, and I was surprised to see that there were not a whole lot of people our age in the dining room.

It was still a lot of fun to dress up and have our pictures taken.

Both times my wife and I (also in our 20s) have cruised, we have had dinner assignments with people our age. We ended up hanging out with the other couples on board, sitting together at shows and even going ashore together. We found it very enjoyable.

My fiance and I (boyfriend at the time:D ) went on the Voyager when I was only 20 and he basically just bought all the drinks the entire time. Most of the time I was right next to him and they never asked for my ID. But you never know. As for feeling out of place? OMG you definitely won't!!! We LOVE being on cruises because we have so much fun meeting other people! On our last cruise, the Serenade, in February....on the first night we saddled up to the bar in the Viking Crown Lounge and a couple sat next to us and said "Hi, I'm Lauren" and I said "Hi, I'm Laura" and then I pointed to my fiance and said "This is Andrew" and she pointed to her boyfriend and said "this is Andy!" we hung out evey single day!....so needless to say you won't feel out of place and if you're friendly then I'm sure you'll meet plenty of other people your age. Usually by the end of the week we have a slew of friends (a mix of couples and singles) our age. You'll love cruising!!! :p

Laura

You won't feel out of place at all! I'm 23 and my fiance is an old man (29, lol!) and we always are striking up friendships with other 20-something couples when we cruise. We've always been the youngest couple at our dining table, though. You can't really control that, so you MAY feel a little out of place around 40-50-60 something couples at dinner. We always enjoy chatting every night and hearing their life stories, though. The disco is always a good place to meet and hang out with other couples your own age. (And I'd recommend ordering 2 drinks and then giving your gf one instead of counting on her not being carded. Luckily the beer/wine policy was 18 and over when I was under 21... too bad that they changed it.)

when are you sailing? My bf (24) and I (23) will be on the Oct 18 sailing of the Enchantment. We're been on 2 other RCCL cruises and had tons of fun on both. We sailed before with someone who was 19 and couldnt have mixed drinks under the old policy. Someone else in our group just bought a round of drinks and gave her one. No one ever questioned us.

My wife (26) and I (32) took our 1st last April for our 1st yr Anniv. and we enjoyed it. I think Imade myself crazy like the last 45-30 days before the cruise by reading almost every pot about the Majesty, Formal nights, chair hogs, smoking, cell phones, bacl. vs. interior cabins... and when I got on board all that I read went out the window!! I saw none of the negativity I was completely happy in my inside cabin every one looked fine during formal night. Every one younger and older appeared to really enjoy themselves every where I turned and if they really had a problem they did not show it until they returned to Cruise Critic to whine about it..basically saying, don't let what you read on here alter your outlook before you cruise. Go with an open mind, enjoy every minute and do what you want to do feel how you want to feel and you will see as I did that either way you will still enjoy your cruise no matter what you read...have a safe trip

when are you sailing? My bf (24) and I (23) will be on the Oct 18 sailing of the Enchantment. We're been on 2 other RCCL cruises and had tons of fun on both. We sailed before with someone who was 19 and couldnt have mixed drinks under the old policy. Someone else in our group just bought a round of drinks and gave her one. No one ever questioned us.

we are leaving oct 8th but will arive to ft. lauderdale the day before ( read to many stories about delayed or cancelled flights)

You will definately have a GREAT time. My boyfriend and I went on a Carnival cruise last October. I was 22 and he was 23 at the time. We sat at a table with one couple a few years older than us and two couples in their 50s. They gave us GREAT advice and we all had a wonderful time.

Just don't spend your whole time drinking. There are so many other things to do on the cruise.

Hope you enjoy yourselves! I bet you're as excited as we are about your first Royal Caribbean cruise!

Once you're on board and having a GREAT time I bet you won't even think about your age. There will be plenty of folks in their 20s as well as their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and so on. The only place where I saw that the majority of folks were...say...over 60...was in the Centrum dancing area. It was VERY fun to watch everyone dance and have a great time though, and we would have totally joined them but we really enjoyed spending our nights in the Vortex (Viking Crown Lounge) where the music was more contemporary (80s, 90s, and today).

Seriously, once you're having a blast you'll find yourself partying next to folks older than you and you won't even bat an eye! :eek:

my hubby and I are on our late 20s. Its gonna be our first cruise and will be sailing to Greece, Turkey and Egypt. we are Southeast asians and have never experienced to travel with alot of Caucasians (even our 1st Europe tour are with fellow asians!)...I just don't know if someone would like to mingle with us...

we are leaving oct 8th but will arive to ft. lauderdale the day before ( read to many stories about delayed or cancelled flights)

We'll be on that sailing too! We're in our 30s, but we still like to have fun. There is much talk on the roll call of drinking! Come on over and join us. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=464485

We're meeting at 5:15 p.m. at the Schooner Bar just after sail away! Can't wait to meet you. We'll be the couple wearing Colorado Avalanche jerseys (see my user pic/avatar)!

Archived